• Added support for Dark Mode
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Optician is the UK’s leading independent provider of optometry news, highly regarded CET courses and indispensable insight for eye care professionals. With over 100 years of publishing and information experience our news, business advice and courses enable practitioners to maintain essential skills and knowledge needed to practice safely and effectively and manage their businesses profitably. Optician connects and is trusted by a community of practitioners, suppliers, and recruiters to further best practice and business expertise.
Our readers say
“Optician provides a good overview of the optical world e.g. current affairs, product knowledge and CET”
“Great magazine that enables me to get my CET points quickly and easily”
Optician helps eye care professionals maintain essential skills and knowledge. Subscribers benefit from:
• The profession’s leading weekly delivered direct every week
• The latest optometry news and insight to stay up-to-date
• In-depth clinical features to develop best practice skills
• Expert business advice and benchmarking
• Digital back issue archive
• Your subscription may be claimed as a deductible expense
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later.
• Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
• If your institution has a magazine subscription, you can access it directly from within your registered IP range.
Subscribers will receive new issues automatically.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- November 24, 2015 Initial release
- December 01, 2016 New version 10.0.2
- June 14, 2019 New version 12.0.0
- October 21, 2019 New version 13.0.0