* New maps and technology cards are available in the in game store.
* Bug fixes and optimizations.
“My recommendation is that if you like Risk style boardgames you should by this now; heck, if you generally like boardgames or similar just buy it anyway – you won’t regret it.” (The Wargamer)
“I really like the game and this will be one that I keep on the iPad. It takes a very different approach, which is very refreshing.” (appreviewcentral)
“...it's a better game than Risk” (Digitally Downloaded) => note that he’s more talking about the board games at this moment of his article
Magnifico (Previously Da Vinci's Art of War) is a popular region-based board game where the ultimate goal is to dominate 16th century Europe. Now you can play it on the iPad!
Players are faced with tough economic and military decisions as they earn Victory Points and attempt to outbid opponents at the auction and get their hands on Leonardo Da Vinci’s most powerful war machines. Every Victory Point has to be earned by careful placement of your troops, construction of fortifications, and invasion of bordering regions. Each new turn brings a chance to acquire Da Vinci’s precious projects and get the upper hand over your opponents.
Cannons, flying machines, bombards, tanks and many more inventions will be available as options at the auction table, but only with a perfect balance of risk and caution will players make the most of them.
Play hard or play clever, Europe’s dominance is just one Victory Point away.
•The only strategy game with Da Vinci’s inventions and works of art! Build Castles, Tanks, Aircraft and much more!
•Bid at the auction for Da Vinci’s inventions.
•Upgrade your infantry, tanks and aircraft with new technologies to increase reliability and combat power.
•Fight battles with wondrous technologies but be careful as tanks can explode!
•Many special weapons including the Great Cannon, Submarines, Armoured Ships, Paratroopers and more!
•Compete for control of 16th century Europe on a region based map.
•Earn Victory points for most castles, territories, technologies, being Magnifico and other special actions.
•Single player mode against up to 3 AI players, selected from 10 AI characters with their own play styles.
•In depth in-game tutorial and detailed manual.
•Available in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian and Chinese!
•Based on the popular board game “Da Vinci’s Art of War - Magnifico” created by Spartaco Albertarelli
- March 07, 2014 Initial release
- April 23, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- April 28, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- July 16, 2014 New version 1.1
- February 06, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- February 18, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- January 13, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- July 03, 2016 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- July 06, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- December 12, 2016 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- December 18, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- January 02, 2017 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99