- fixed a a crash with late-game saves (and MP games) and specific commanders being unlocked and carried over from previous patch
- fixed a problems with UNDO move after post-attack advancing
- fixed a problem with entrenchment technology progressing
- fixed a problem with Serbia's surrender and negative morale that could cause infinite AI loop or a crash
- fixed position of tutorial tooltips
- added possibility to reset PBEM credentials via iTunes
This is a 32 bit app. You will always be able to play this app on iOS 10.3 or older but Apple may remove support for 32 bit apps in future iOS updates.
This is the war that ended peace, in a continent where great leaders had to lead their countries to victory at all cost. And you are that leader.
Commander The Great War is a turn-based strategy game that captures this time of war with unprecedented realism and accuracy. A huge-hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east, is the setting for 5 grand campaigns, each starting in a different year of the war.
You are confronted with all possible strategic and tactical decisions, from logistics to diplomacy, from deployment to combat. Every aspect of the war is in your hands in a gaming experience with no precedent on the iPad. Commander the Great War is a game for strategy fans, for history buffs and for anyone who’s looking for a deep, immersive gaming experience.
The game includes:
*5 Grand Campaigns: 1914 The Great War, 1915 Ypres – Artois, 1916 The Battle of Verdun, 1917 The Nivelle Offensive and 1918 The Kaiserschlacht.
*Over 40 unique historical and “what-if” events triggered by conditions on the campaign-map.
*18 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains, Cruisers, Submarines and Battleships, Fighters, Bombers and Airships. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, based on their historical performance in the various theatres throughout the war.
*Historical Commanders, each with their own specific strengths, so decide wisely which Commander is most suited to which front. Three types of Commanders are available: Generals for ground units, Admirals at sea and flying Aces to strengthen your air units.
*Research and technology to improve units. Aircraft evolve from fragile tools of aerial observation to deadly ground and air attack planes. Artillery barrages become ever more accurate and powerful. Armour technology unleashes a dreadful new weapon on the battlefield: the Tank.
*Detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training and fog of war.
*Cross platform multiplayer via PBEM++ server system.
- August 05, 2014 Initial release
- August 17, 2014 New version 1.5.2
- November 26, 2014 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
- December 08, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- March 17, 2015 New version 1.6.213
- May 05, 2015 New version 1.6.4
- July 31, 2015 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
- August 04, 2015 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- August 16, 2015 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
- August 23, 2015 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
- January 11, 2016 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- July 03, 2016 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
- July 07, 2016 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- December 11, 2016 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $4.99
- December 18, 2016 Price increase: $4.99 -> $19.99
- January 01, 2017 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $4.99
- June 15, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $19.99
- June 16, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $19.99