Enhancement for iOS 12
Language Trainer was created specifically to help individuals improve their mastery of spoken language. Designed by a certified speech-language pathologist, Language Trainer is perfect for working on vocabulary, word finding, stuttering, and receptive or expressive language therapy. Language Trainer compliments and facilitates the work of the busy speech-language pathologist or caregiver. Language Trainer includes four activities within one application. The first activity is Picture Identification and with nearly 300 high-quality images, it provides an opportunity for practicing auditory identification of commonly used items. The Picture Naming activity provides the opportunity to practice verbal production of the items seen in Picture Identification while naming the image presented. The third activity, Divergent Naming, is purely expressive and includes both categorization and expressive language components by asking the individual to name items that fall within a specific category or function. Sentence Completion provides the opportunity to practice sentence production by completing the sentence provided and allows for multiple correct responses per sentence. Picture Naming, Divergent Naming, and Sentence Completion all provide a built-in audio recorder to encourage and assist with fluency, self-monitoring, and skill discussion.
Language Trainer was designed to assist in language therapy by utilizing technology to present pictures, phrases, and sentences to clients while collecting data. Language Trainer was created specifically to help individuals improve their mastery of spoken language. Language Trainer is ideal for those individuals who struggle with aphasia1, 2 and specific language impairment, 4, as well as for English Language Learners.
Activities include: Picture Identification, Picture Naming, Divergent Naming, and Sentence Completion.
When the session is complete, a simple touch to the home button brings the app to the reports area. A touch to the client’s avatar and name brings up the data for that session. The data includes: date of practice, activity, number of attempted targets, and percent accuracy. In addition, a Notes button provides the option to write a note about the session.
Language Trainer data collection reports can be exported to The Therapy Report Center for easy progress monitoring and report writing.
Language Trainer has a “settings” button on the select user screen. The settings button allows the user to select the number of items on the screen in Picture Identification and an option to increase difficulty level if successful, as well as the number of items to name in Divergent Naming. In addition, within the settings button is an option to Modify Database which allows the user to modify the targeted words.
Language Trainer will also create backup data in iTunes which will allow it to be restored if for some reason the app needs to be deleted or a new iDevice is purchased.
- June 18, 2014 Initial release
- September 23, 2014 New version 1.2
- November 20, 2014 New version 1.3
- November 20, 2014 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $10.99
- December 01, 2014 Price increase: $10.99 -> $14.99
- April 30, 2015 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- May 21, 2015 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- November 08, 2015 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $10.99
- November 09, 2015 Price decrease: $10.99 -> $6.99
- November 23, 2015 Price increase: $6.99 -> $10.99
- December 14, 2015 Price increase: $10.99 -> $11.99
- December 20, 2015 New version 2.0
- July 20, 2016 Price decrease: $11.99 -> $4.99
- July 21, 2016 Price increase: $4.99 -> $11.99
- June 15, 2019 New version 4.0
- November 19, 2019 Price decrease: $11.99 -> $7.99
- December 03, 2019 Price increase: $7.99 -> $11.99