Enhancement for iOS 12
**Finalist of Best Elementary Student App Award**
**Winner 2012 - Top 5 Apps of 2012 by Let's Talk SLP.com**
Welcome to Syntax City!
As the mayor of this great city, it is only fair of me to warn you: We take our syntax very seriously around here. Back when our city was founded, we wanted to create a utopia where all verbs would agree with their subjects, all actions would be spoken with the right tense, and all people lived peacefully with the proper pronouns.
I have a feeling you’re really going to love it here. Please grab an ID badge because as soon as you’re here, this place will become the perfect town.
Syntax City is a state-of-the-art application designed by Barbara Fernandes, M.S; CCC-SLP, that targets a variety of grammatical elements in fun and engaging ways for elementary and middle school children. The theme sets the tone for children visiting a variety of places within our town. Each location within the city targets a different set of goals:
-Beach: Third person singular agreement
-Ski Resort: He/ She
-Farm: Past tense verb agreement
-Zoo: Regular and Irregular Plurals
Each location contains 50 targets, adding up to a total of 400 targets within 8 different activities. Each target phrase is also spoken aloud by highly talented voice-over professionals. Animations on each location make the application highly motivating for children to play while learning.
The application supports multiplayers! Each one of the five players is able to select an avatar and visit one or multiple locations within the city.
Collect treasures from each location: Syntax City has a very exciting treasure system. Each player collects a treasure based on the number of consecutive correct answers. The treasures are placed under each child’s profile.
Data tracking: As with all other Smarty Ears apps, Syntax City offers extremely detailed and visually stunning data collection. A set of graphs provides visual information on children’s skills and their progress toward mastery of specific goals. The data can be emailed, printed, or shared to other compatible applications.
-Targets receptive and expressive skills
-400 target questions
-8 different goals
-8 different locations
-Tracks data for each student
-Share results via email, print, open in…
-Built-in voice recording capabilities
-Results are presented in graph or text format
-Each student can work on same location/goals in different levels
-Designed by a speech pathologist
- November 02, 2012 Initial release
- November 08, 2012 Price increase: $19.99 -> $24.99
- November 25, 2012 Price increase: $24.99 -> $29.99
- January 03, 2013 New version 1.1
- January 11, 2013 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $24.99
- February 13, 2013 New version 1.2
- May 01, 2013 Price decrease: $24.99 -> $14.99
- April 30, 2014 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- May 13, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- June 01, 2014 New version 1.3
- August 01, 2014 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- August 18, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- November 11, 2014 New version 2.0
- November 21, 2014 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- December 06, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- April 30, 2015 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- May 23, 2015 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- November 10, 2015 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- November 21, 2015 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- November 05, 2016 New version 3.1
- November 11, 2016 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- November 22, 2016 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- November 23, 2016 New version 3.2
- June 14, 2019 New version 4.0
- November 26, 2019 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $13.99
- December 02, 2019 Price increase: $13.99 -> $19.99