General bug fixes, performance and memory improvements
**We always love to hear your feedback. If you have any comments or queries please contact us at [email protected]**
A\J is Canada’s Environmental Voice, publishing cutting-edge environmental journalism since 1971. Featuring thoughtful analysis by the nation’s foremost environmental thinkers about national and global issues, plus profiles of inspiring leaders and sustainable living ideas to steal, A\J offers both a vision of a more sustainable future and the tools needed to take us there.
Blending ecological, social, political and economic perspectives, A\J provides a deeper level of analysis on environmental themes than can be gained from the mainstream press. Issues are thematically focused, presenting in-depth exploration of specific topics like water conservation, climate change, green energy and much more.
A\J unites the Canadian environmental community with positive and proactive stories that offer real solutions, built upon our 40+ years of delivering Canada’s best environmental journalism.
This is a free app download. Free app downloads do not include a free issue unless otherwise stated. The current issue, back issues and future issues can be purchased within the app.
Subscriptions are also available within the application. When a recurring subscription is purchased the latest issue will become available to download immediately.
Available subscriptions are:
6 months: UK £6.99 / US $9.99 (3 Issues)*
12 months: UK £13.99 / US $19.99 (6 Issues)*
*This subscription has a free trial period of 30 days. At the end of the 30 days the full price of the subscription will be charged. You may cancel a subscription during its free trial period via the subscription settings on your iTunes account. This must be done 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged.
- The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
- You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
- Payment will charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
- Bundles of single issues can be also be bought within the application. To use purchased credits, simply click on the issue price and select ‘use credit’. This allows you to purchase back issues at reduced prices.
Users can register for/ login to a pocketmags account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing pocketmags users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area so that all issue data is retrieved.
If your app will not load past the splash page after a first install or an update please click the settings cog, then click Settings then Refresh app data. If this also fails to work please delete and reinstall the app from the App Store
Help and frequently asked questions be accessed in-app and on pocketmags.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
You can find our terms and conditions here:
- August 20, 2013 Initial release
- November 19, 2013 New version 4.9.34
- January 21, 2016 New version 4.9.90
- March 06, 2016 New version 4.9.92