This version addresses includes layout fixes for 12.9" iPads and other minor fixes.
ScaleMaster Pro is a reference and practice environment for all kinds of scales and fantastic to learn and work with. Exercises play a central role in ScaleMaster Pro, because playing along with an exercise is often more useful than merely looking it up for reference. To provide a useful working environment for reference as well as exercise related tasks ScaleMaster Pro introduces scale documents. Each document stands for a specific scale, instrument and exercise - all of which can of course be changed at will. This makes an easy task of going back and forth between different scales and you can share them with a friend or student. And switching between reference and exercise modes just takes a finger tap.
Scales can of course be played back in reference mode. In exercise mode, however, there is an optional count-in, the playback speed can be controlled and then there is the new exercise generation interface. It allows the creation of of exercises based on range, initial direction and scale pattern. Exercises also offer a reverse option so any pattern created can be played bi-directionally. Having a reverse mode is incredibly useful for practicing because getting a scale under one’s fingers in one direction may take some effort. Tagging on the reverse a bit later then only takes a mouse click.
ScaleMaster Pro also offers several new MIDI-related features. It supports all class-compliant MIDI controllers and implements virtual MIDI. That way it is possible to play ScaleMaster’s instruments via MIDI controller, even record small parts as exercise and use a properly configured external audio app for playback if so desired.
All instruments have been designed from the ground up in ScaleMaster Pro. They are housed in fully scrollable views with 24 frets for string instruments and a full 88-key piano keyboard. We also added the entire classical string family of instruments and implemented left-handed mode as a vertical reflection which is easy to read and all string instruments can be detuned up to 7 semitones in either direction.
With ScaleMaster’s chord matching feature an extensive list of chords can be matched to appropriate scales. Matches are displayed in the notation view with chord tones highlighted in red. On play the entire scale is played with the chord at the end. Chord matching comes in very handy when trying to determine which scales to use in improvisation and gives a number of alternatives to one's go-to scale choices.
Scales are elementary to all musicianship. They provide flavor and harmonic structure, but are at the same time fairly complex. Designed for the beginning musician as well as the professional, ScaleMaster has become a staple app for many musicians as an excellent tool towards advancement in theory and scales in particular. ScaleMaster Pro provides help and guidance in almost every aspect and makes an easy task of looking up a scale in seconds, getting a taste of its flavor and practicing it.
ScaleMaster Pro can be upgraded to the Music Intermediate Bundle (http://apple.co/2g8lt7V) with the "Complete my Bundle" feature and is "Family Sharing" enabled. Academic discounts are available as well.
If you are interested in ScaleMaster Pro check out the online documentation which includes many more screenshots: http://bit.ly/2g146If
Banjo, Bass, Cello, Double Bass, Guitar, Mandolin, Piano, Viola, Violin
• Exercise Generation
• Chord/scale matching
• Adjustable tuning for string instruments
• Support for left-handed players
• Supports all class-compliant MIDI controllers
• Full general MIDI instrument library
• Virtual MIDI
• Split View support on newer iPads
• File transfer via AirDrop, Email, Message and iTunes File Sharing
• Extensive online documentation
App Support: If you face any issues with ScaleMaster Pro, please email them to [email protected] We assure you it will be taken care of immediately.
For news, updates, promos and more, follow us @rogamesw on Twitter.
- November 06, 2016 Initial release
- November 08, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- November 17, 2016 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- November 18, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- November 20, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- November 23, 2016 New version 1.0.2
- November 25, 2016 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- November 30, 2016 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- December 01, 2016 New version 1.0.3
- December 01, 2016 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- June 15, 2019 New version 1.1.6
- August 17, 2019 New version 1.1.7
- August 17, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- August 29, 2019 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- October 06, 2019 New version 1.1.8
- July 15, 2020 New version 1.2.1
- October 22, 2020 New version 1.2.2
- December 10, 2020 New version 1.2.3
- August 06, 2021 New version 1.2.4