This release adds Apple Watch icons and improved support for watchOS 4.0.
Almond is a comprehensive, illustrated music terminology reference for iOS and Apple Watch. It lists over 1500 terms with 200 illustrations and is designed to deliver short and concise definitions. Music terminology is often confusing to beginners as well as advanced students or even teachers due to the melange of languages used. While one score may have remarks in German the next piece could be annotated in Italian or French. Thus in addition to most common phrases also standard French, Italian and German terms are included. Almond is not limited to classical music and includes many terms from contemporary music styles like Jazz, Rock, Hip Hop as well as modern music production. Best of all - Almond includes a fully featured Apple Watch app, so one can have an entire music terminology reference right on the wrist!
On iOS in a unique three-step access, most often the main description plus inline illustration are available directly from the main screen. Tapping an entry displays the details view that often contains additional information regarding a specific term. To widen a definition Almond also features convenient links to Google and Wikipedia which can be accessed through the buttons in the toolbar. These buttons are "pre-loaded" with the current search term and will launch Safari with the results for the search term in either Google Defines or Wikipedia. This three-step access allows quick access to data even if not connected to the internet or when data transfer needs to be kept to a minimum and only takes one additional tap to access the full resources of the internet to do a deep search for a specific musical term.
Like all watch apps Almond for Apple Watch is an extension of the iOS app that hosts it, but unlike most Apple Watch implementations Almond is a near full realization of its iOS app. Almond for Apple Watch includes the full set of musical terms, cross-referencing and all images. It loads in 3 screens to allow for faster searching: an alphabetic index, search terms as per letter and finally the definition screen. Almond for Apple Watch is the first musical terms reference for Apple Watch and of course it is free with the iOS app.
Anybody involved in music, student or professional, has at some time or another used dictionaries, tables and other ways to look up musical terminology. Even the experienced performer will occasionally have had a score with just one or two completely unknown annotations. With Almond this is now a problem of the past. Almond is available on the iPhone app store by itself and also at a great discount as part of the popular Music Beginner Bundle.
• Over 1500 terms
• Over 200 Illustrations
• Major German, Italian and French terms included
• Cross referencing
• One-tap Google and Wikipedia Search
• 3 available font sizes
• Fully featured Apple Watch app
App Support: We cannot respond to comments and feedback on the App Store. If you face any issues with Almond, please email them to [email protected] We assure you it will be taken care of immediately.
For news, updates, promos and more, follow us @rogamesw on Twitter.
- June 25, 2011 New version 1.2.1
- October 04, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- October 06, 2011 New version 1.5
- October 19, 2011 New version 1.5.1
- February 01, 2012 New version 1.5.2
- April 24, 2012 New version 1.5.3
- January 30, 2013 New version 1.6.0
- June 04, 2013 New version 1.6.1
- September 14, 2013 New version 1.6.2
- November 28, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- December 02, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- June 21, 2016 New version 1.6.5
- June 21, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 05, 2016 New version 1.6.6
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.6.8
- August 28, 2019 New version 1.7.0
- September 04, 2019 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- September 11, 2019 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99