"How much area on the block?"
"What is the distance from Lincoin Memorial to Washington Monument?"
We believe Mapkit will tell your the answer.
• Calculate the area for an arbitrarily shaped (closed polygon) area of land. Draw the lines (clockwise OR anti-clockwise) that define the area of land on a map. Choose whether you use satellite or streets or both as reference points on the map. Accuracy limited only by the accuracy of native map capability.
• All you need is built-in access to maps over WiFi OR 3G cell services. You do not need GPS to determine your location. App does NOT use GPS. Just pan the built-in map to where you need it.
• Real estate agents and investors can use to plan land acquisitions.
• Fireman planning firefighting requirements for an active fire.
• Farmers can use to plan fertilizer requirements for regular field changeovers.
• Landman negotiating with farmers and cattlemen for oil exploration and drilling leases will also find this handy.
• Area units supported square meter, square kilometer, square yard, square mile, square feet, acre, hectare.
• Perimeter units supported meter, kilometer, yard, mile, feet.
• As accurate as built in mapping features. See the image showing the football field as a reference calibration.
• Does not require GPS if you don't need auto located.
• Email to anyone a KML/GPX/CSV mapping file for use in mapping applications on any desktop.
• Email automatically attaches an image of the plot as well.
• Email also contains all of the raw data required to re-construct a plot.
• Any simple (convex OR concave) closed polygon can have its area calculated correctly.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- September 20, 2013 Initial release
- October 11, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- January 30, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- January 31, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- February 03, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- September 14, 2014 New version 1.0.5
- October 26, 2014 New version 1.0.6