Much faster chart drawing on newer Apple devices ( iPhone 9 and later and iPad 6th gen and later)
Support for iOS Dark mode - better for night time vision and use.
SeaNav iOS and its charts now works on the new MacBook M1.
Cardinal mark light patterns now displayed correctly in light details
Supports full screen width on new iPad Pros
Fix for Apple Watch app sometimes getting stuck
Explore, Plan and Navigate your boating trips in real time and outstanding high-resolution with the latest NOAA Marine charts covering the whole of the USA and US Great Lakes.
- Includes all US Coastal, Inland and Great Lakes Digital Vector Charts
- Buoys, lights etc. are tappable with bearing and distance
- Free Apple Watch app
- Seamless panning and zooming across charts
- Unique live Augmented Reality camera view
- Route Planning and tracking with Waypoints, ETA, XTE, etc.
- Offline charts
- Route export and import
- Live AIS Ship targets (requires Boat Beacon)
- ActiveCaptain Marinas, Anchorage, Hazards and reviews
- US NOAA Raster charts available via IAP
- Canadian charts via IAP
- External NMEA over Wifi
SeaNav is a Universal app, which works on iPad, iPhone and iPod.
SeaNav uses Digital Vector charts providing a wealth of benefits and advantages. Buoys, Lights, Bridges, Depth Contours, Depth Soundings, Rocks, Anchorage areas, NOAA Weather Buoys etc. are all selectable and have real time distance, bearing and detail information. Turn off layers to de-clutter the display and only show what is important at the time. Tides, moon and sun times and weather are also all available at your fingertips.
SeaNav’s unique AR view mode allows you to view buoys, lights, ships, waypoints and track overlaid on your iPhone or iPad live camera view. With "AR LockOn" you can select a target on the chart and then be guided to it in the AR camera view.
SeaNav lets you measure distances and bearings and record waypoints on routes. When at sea, the app’s Sailing HUD shows your position, Course over ground (COG), Speed over ground (SOG), Vector Made Good (VMG), Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA), Distance and bearing to next Waypoint. Waypoint reached alerts, auto-routing to the next waypoint and collision alerts.
SeaNav has free Apple Watch and Pebble Smartwatch apps available.
Lowrance, Simrad and B&G GoFree support included.
Your purchase of SeaNav includes 12 months of free updates to the included US chart set. Further chart updates are then available via an in-app purchase. Charts for other regions including Canada may also be added to your product via optional in-app purchase.
Our in-app purchases are 1 year subscriptions, which automatically renew at the end of the subscription period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase, and will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Pricing for our 1 year US Charts update subscription is US$9.99.
Subscriptions may be managed by the iTunes account holder and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Requires iPhone or iPad. GPS only required for real time route navigation. Optional Real time AIS, Tides and Weather information require an active internet connection.
Real-time route navigation requires a GPS location. iPhone devices and iPads with a cellular modem already have a built-in GPS, even if they do not have an active service plan.
If you have a WiFi-only iPad or iPod you will need an external GPS receiver to enable navigation. Inexpensive 3rd Party units are available to add these accurate location capabilities to your device via bluetooth.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
NOT FOR NAVIGATION
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful. SeaNav should only be used for basic navigation reference and should not be solely relied upon to determine precise locations, proximity, distance, or direction.
Third Party Licenses and Notices
NOTICE: US Marine Charts are derived from official NOAA Electronic Navigational Charts.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- July 25, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- August 06, 2014 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $9.99
- August 12, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- September 25, 2014 New version 3.2
- October 07, 2014 New version 3.2.4
- December 31, 2014 New version 3.2.5
- January 27, 2015 New version 3.2.6
- April 27, 2015 New version 3.3
- June 23, 2015 New version 3.5
- July 07, 2015 New version 3.6
- July 26, 2015 New version 3.6.1
- September 25, 2015 New version 3.6.2
- December 07, 2015 New version 3.6.3
- January 06, 2016 New version 3.6.4
- March 25, 2016 New version 3.7
- June 30, 2016 New version 3.8.2
- November 07, 2016 New version 3.8.3
- June 14, 2019 New version 5.1
- August 06, 2021 New version 5.3.3