Dark mode support added to help with night time vision and use.
Fix for ship details view not scrolling all the way to the bottom on small screens.
Boat Beacon is an internet AIS receiver and transmitter for your iPhone and iPad. It is the only AIS ship tracking app to provide Collision Warnings, share your boat’s position and use real-time AIS data.
Connected to the largest network of AIS shore receivers world-wide covering most major ports, harbours and popular coastal areas.
“An outstanding app, with great potential. Both interesting to use and very user friendly. This could be a life saver and especially of interest to small boat users. Everyone who goes on the water should have this on and use it!” ***** Sun Dream, App Store Review
Boat Beacon is specifically designed for boaters and provides continuous Bearing, Range and Closest Point of Approach (CPA) calculations and alarms in addition to standard AIS information even when in the background.
Boat Beacon does not require any external AIS transponder or receiver equipment.
Over-the-horizon collision avoidance (30 miles radius) using continuous CPA calculations - highlights boats that are on a potential collision course and alerts you with an alarm.
Continually transmits and receives position information via the internet and calculates and alarms CPA even when the app is in the background.
Shares your position with Internet AIS Systems and apps and other Boat Beacon users in real time.
Real time Ship Map view with North up and Heading up modes so you can look in the direction of the ships on the map to locate them.
HUD showing own boat's speed, course, heading and position.
Man Overboard tracking, SART Alarm, Anchor watch and Theft alarms.
Live Augmented Reality Camera View with ships, compass and horizon overlaid (IAP required) also now with FLIR ONE Infra-red camera support - see ships and people in the dark through fog.
Free Apple Watch companion app
"AIS Sharing" to other apps like Navionics & iNavX (IAP subscription required)
Boat-to-Boat and Boat to Group Instant Messaging.
Local AIS and GPS via Wifi.
US, UK and IE Marine raster charts (IAP required).
Let Friends and Family see where you are and where you're headed to with our free Boat Watch app or on web-based AIS systems like MarineTraffic which have free web viewers available.
Arm all the crews in a race with Boat Beacon and have real time updates on the race positions on the water and back in the club house.
Keep a watch and in touch with other boats in your flotilla when sailing in a group.
Boat Beacon requires internet access to work. Most popular coastal areas have cellular data access extending 12 or more miles out to sea.
The "AIS Sharing " subscription is monthly ($5.99) or yearly ($16.49), and will automatically renew at the end of the subscription period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase, and will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the iTunes account holder and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Support: [email protected]
Your position can be shared and seen on all our apps without using an MMSI number. To be seen on Global AIS systems like MarineTraffic you will need an MMSI number. In the US you can obtain one by visiting http://www.boatus.com/mmsi or email us for a free internet MMSI number.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Boat Beacon should only be used for basic navigation reference and should not be solely relied upon to determine precise locations, proximity, distance, or direction. You will not be visible to other ships on their VHF AIS systems.
- March 10, 2012 New version 1.1
- March 26, 2012 New version 1.2
- April 10, 2012 New version 1.3
- April 17, 2012 New version 1.4
- May 26, 2012 New version 2.0
- June 16, 2012 New version 2.1
- August 14, 2012 New version 2.2
- August 16, 2012 New version 2.3
- September 20, 2012 New version 2.4
- October 31, 2012 New version 2.5
- November 09, 2012 New version 2.51
- January 10, 2013 New version 2.60
- February 16, 2013 New version 2.61
- April 11, 2013 New version 2.7
- May 07, 2013 New version 2.8
- June 01, 2013 New version 2.85
- August 10, 2013 New version 2.9
- February 12, 2014 New version 3.0
- February 21, 2014 New version 3.0.1
- March 21, 2014 New version 3.1
- March 22, 2014 Price increase: $9.99 -> $11.99
- April 03, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- April 05, 2014 New version 3.1.2
- April 21, 2014 Price decrease: $11.99 -> $9.99
- July 11, 2014 New version 3.2.1
- August 11, 2014 New version 3.2.2
- September 19, 2014 New version 3.3
- October 14, 2014 New version 3.3.1
- April 27, 2015 New version 3.5
- July 16, 2015 New version 3.6
- August 02, 2015 New version 3.6.1
- October 06, 2015 New version 3.7
- December 07, 2015 New version 3.8
- January 19, 2016 New version 3.9
- July 03, 2016 New version 3.9.5
- July 03, 2016 Price increase: $9.99 -> $12.99
- November 09, 2016 New version 3.9.6
- June 15, 2019 New version 4.5.1
- June 15, 2019 Price increase: $12.99 -> $14.99
- June 16, 2019 Price increase: $12.99 -> $14.99
- August 29, 2019 New version 4.5.2
- December 03, 2019 New version 4.6
- July 15, 2020 New version 4.9.2
- October 23, 2020 New version 4.9.5
- December 10, 2020 New version 4.9.6