- Bug fixes
Baden-Württemberg – The sunny side of Germany
Welcome to sunny SouthWest Germany, a very special vacation destination. Start with historic cities. Heidelberg is one of Europe's most romantic, with its castle, river and university. Stuttgart, the region's capital, boasts art museums, opera and two of the world's best car museums. After all, this is where the automobile was patented over 125 years ago. For elegance and relaxation, nowhere surpasses Baden-Baden, with its natural mineral spas and stylish casino. And SouthWest Germany is the country's best region for gourmets and wine lovers, with Michelin-starred restaurants as well as informal taverns – all serving award-winning local wines. The unspoiled countryside is perfect for hiking and biking, from the Black Forest to Lake Constance, while Europa-Park, one of the world's top theme parks, offers family fun. Discover all these and much more in the sunny side of Germany.
Hiking in Baden-Württemberg
There is nothing comparable like hiking in SouthWest Germany: some say it is the fresh air, others, the glorious landscapes. Choose between the harmony and ease of the Black Forest, the intense green meadows in the Swabian Mountains, the river valleys in the Hohenlohe, or the contrast of water and mountains along the shores of Lake Constance.
Cycling in Baden-Württemberg
Explore SouthWest Germany’s outstanding countryside by bike, using the Radstreckennetz, the region’s extensive network of trails dedicated to cyclists. SouthWest Germany is cycling country. With its extensive network of quiet back roads through the Swabian Mountains and the Black Forest mountains, you can pedal alone, with friends, or with family, taking it easy or really working out.
Special highlights of this App
• Basic details (length, duration, elevation gain, degree of difficulty)
• Information about arrivals and parking facilities
• Points of interests along the routes with detailed descriptions and pictures
• Detailed tour descriptions including information about stopover opportunities and refreshment stops, trails’ conditions and special characteristics
• Elevation profile and much more
A special highlight of this app is the topographical map. This map contains the entire officially registered path network in Baden-Württemberg and can be zoomed up to a scale of 1: 25,000. All Tours, points of interest and the map can be saved offline.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- March 23, 2012 New version 1.2
- April 28, 2012 New version 1.3
- November 28, 2012 New version 1.4
- September 04, 2013 New version 1.5
- December 14, 2016 New version 2.0
- October 22, 2020 New version 2.1