We have revamped the Community section with more editing options for you.
Additionally, a few minor errors have also been fixed.
Please note: If you encounter any problems or bugs, we ask you to please send us a message directly to [email protected]
If you like the app, we are pleased to receive your rating in the Play Store!
Get the free app from Europe’s largest outdoor platform and be well prepared for your next adventure in nature!
Please note: If you encounter any problems or bugs, we ask you to please send us a message directly to [email protected] If you like the app, we are pleased to receive your rating in the App Store.
More than 130,000 summer and winter routes that have been equipped primarily with editorial descriptions, topographic maps, elevation profiles, tour data, pictures and GPX tracks are all accessible by mobile device and can be rated, commented on and backed by images directly via the app. Thanks to our intuitive search you can easily find the right tour for yourself. The results can be sorted by distance, difficulty and duration.
Maps: Outdooractive provides you with topographic maps for the entire German-speaking region, inclusive of cycle and hiking trails. Outstanding OSM maps as well as maps in summer and winter style are made available to you worldwide.
Synchronization of content: The app is directly linked to your Outdooractive account, which gives you access to previously published tours on your smartphone. Finished tours can be published on the Outdooractive community platform directly via the app with a description and pictures.
Current conditions: You can easily enter current conditions on-site via the Outdooractive app. Either you determine the position on our map or you simply enter the current condition directly for a tour or a hut – including images, weather, hazard information and description.
Route planner: Plan your tours in great detail on summer and winter maps throughout Europe and particularly in Germany with cycle, hiking trail and gradient overlays as well as the automatic display of elevation, kilometers and elevation profile. Afterwards you can publish the tour via the app on Outdooractive.com.
Track log: Record your tracks and obtain important data, such as kilometers, average speed, elevation, time elapsed and elevation profile. Import a GPX track and use it as a template or publish the logged tour directly via the app on Outdooractive.com.
Tour scanner: You will find a QR code for each tour on our Outdooractive.com portal. After scanning it you will be directed to the mobile version of the tour. Also unpublished tours can be loaded with the tour scanner.
* Current conditions
* Inclinometer with live view
* Emergency Service
* Import of GPX files via email, Dropbox or direct download
* Favorites feature
* Share content with friends
* Fullscreen mode
* Adjust maps to right viewing angle
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
- July 21, 2011 New version 1.3
- October 21, 2011 New version 1.4
- March 29, 2012 New version 1.5
- April 08, 2012 New version 1.6
- April 18, 2012 New version 1.7
- June 16, 2012 New version 1.8
- July 05, 2012 New version 1.9
- August 03, 2012 New version 1.9.1
- September 07, 2012 New version 1.9.2
- November 30, 2012 New version 2.0
- January 30, 2013 New version 2.1
- August 14, 2013 New version 2.2
- August 31, 2013 New version 2.3
- December 21, 2013 New version 2.4
- April 10, 2014 New version 2.5
- May 11, 2014 New version 2.6
- June 24, 2014 New version 2.7
- August 11, 2014 New version 2.8
- November 12, 2014 New version 2.9
- February 11, 2015 New version 2.10
- February 27, 2015 New version 2.11
- May 03, 2015 New version 2.12
- May 18, 2015 New version 2.13
- June 03, 2015 New version 2.14
- January 05, 2016 New version 2.15
- July 20, 2016 New version 2.16
- August 03, 2016 New version 2.17
- August 06, 2016 New version 2.18
- December 12, 2016 New version 2.19