"Tales that inspire from thousands of years ago"
"ETHERMEDIA brings the popular jewels from the ancient past"
"Thoughtful tales that can ignite inner change"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 95 Panels/English/full color comic book (panel by panel)
Story outline: AHILYABAI HOLKAR -
Malharrao Holkar of Malwa, in Central India, was so impressed by the religious devotion and regal bearing of eight-year-old Ahilya, that he decided to make her his daughter-in-law. A decision he never regretted.
Recognising her abilities Malharrao trained the young girl in the art of statesmanship and trusted her enough to leave the administration in her hands when he went on military expeditions.
Then, in a series of misfortunes, Ahilya lost her husband, father-in-law and son. The brave queen took over the reins and turned Malwa into a contented and prosperous kingdom. So much so that even the British, whom she opposed steadfastly, praised her as a truly great ruler.
About Amar Chitra Katha(ACK-Media)
ACK-Media is India's leading entertainment and education company for young audiences. ACK has enthralled generations of readers for the last four decades with over 600 + Indian mythology tales with over 90 million titles sold worldwide. ACK has partnered with iRemedi in bringing the timeless classics to the iPad, iPhone and iPod community.
iRemedi's ETHERMEDIA is a proprietary mobile content delivery technology that provides revolutionary touch media viewing. iRemedi works with rich content publishers to bring their rich content to the iPhone community. Enjoy full color high-resolution art and story in an award winning and intuitive user interface.
- Panel by Panel and Page by Page views
- Tracking Page numbers
- Slider for fast page navigation in forward or reverse
- Over 7 color backgrounds -
Option to frame or curl pages for a book feel
- Intuitive slideshow with interval settings for paced reading
- Double tap or pinch to zoom and explore art
- Full web-browsing of ACK and ETHERMEDIA sites, Social networking pages of ETHERMEDIA on Twitter, Facebook and blog * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - ALL TINKLE TITLES AT HALF PRICE TO INDIAN MYTHOLOGY ONES
New Releases: - Sons of Rama - Mother Teresa - Folk Tales of China - Folk Tales of Europe - Guru Gobind Singh - Birbal the Clever - All Time Favorites - Buddha - Mahabharata - Folk Tales - Krishna - Ganesha - Dashavatar - Tales of Shiva Other TINKLE Collections: - Suppandi - Shikari Shambu - Anu Club Other Comics: TRIBORO TALES - "An Eclectic-slice-of-life-look at love in the millenia. A NewYork-urban dramedy in a modified Manga artstyle that keeps you engrossed." - First issue free! Other iRemedi Games: PICZEE PRO - A Cool and Fun Photo Jigsaw Puzzle Other products from ACK: eComics to Audiobooks at http://www.amarchitrakatha.com * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- April 20, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99