Fixed compatibility issue with iPad and iOS4.
iRemedi's ETHERMEDIA BRINGS THE POPULAR AMAR CHITRA KATHA CLASSICS to the iPhone and iPod Community Worldwide.
102 Screens / English / Full color comic book (panel by panel)
GURU TEGH BAHADUR
The 9th Sikh Guru
Tegh Bahadur became the Guru of the Sikhs at a time when the Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb's policy of religious intolerance and persecution had antagonised vast sections of is subjects. In the Deccan however, Shivaji's powers continued to be on the rise and in 1674, he proclaimed himself king. The made Aurangzeb even more ruthless in his religious persecution.
When the Hindus of Kashmir were denied the freedom to follow their faith, they approached Guru Tegh Bahadur for help and guidance. More than four hundred years ago religious intolerance and persecution was common all over the world. It was at this period of time that the Guru carried the conviction that every individual must have the freedom of worship the faith of his or her choice.
Great ingenuity was used in devising new kinds of torture for the Guru and his closest disciples. But Aurangzeb failed to crush their spirit. Thus the Guru laid down his life for a great principle, which widely propounded the belief in most parts of the world. Even to this day, he is remembered as Hindi-di-chadar (literally, the cover-let of India), protectot of India's honour.
About Amar Chitra Katha (ACK-Media):
ACK-Media is India's leading entertainment and education company for young audiences. ACK has enthralled generations of readers for the last four decades with over 600 + Indian mythology tales with over 90 million titles sold worldwide.
ACK has partnered with iRemedi in bringing the timeless classics to the iPhone and iPod community.
iRemedi's ETHER MEDIA is a proprietary mobile content delivery technology that provides revolutionary touch media viewing. iRemedi works with rich content publishers to bring their rich content to the iPhone community.
Enjoy full color high-resolution art and story in an award winning and intuitive user interface.
- Panel by Panel Page view
- Tracking Page numbers
- Slider for fast page navigation in forward or reverse
- Over 7 color backgrounds
- Option to frame pages for a book feel
- Option to curl pages while changing
- Intuitive slideshow with interval settings for paced reading
- App optionally remembers last page to automatically take you where you left(no need for bookmarks)
- If original art in panel is small for portrait or landscape simply rotate iPhone to landscape or portrait. App automatically resizes to full screen to use up any extra space available.
New in ETHERMEDIA 2.0:
- Zoom as required to explore art. Double Tap to zoom or unzoom. Pan as required at any level of zoom.
- Full web-browsing of ACK and ETHERMEDIA sites, Social networking pages of ETHERMEDIA on Twitter, Facebook and blog
- Smooth Page curl animations
- Over 21 Graphic/visual help screens
SPECIAL SALE EVENT:
- BUDDHA TRIPLE DIGEST
- GITA+TALES OF ARJUNA DOUBLE DIGEST
- ALL TINKLE TITLES AT HALF PRICE TO INDIAN MYTHOLOGY ONES
- Sons of Rama
- Albert Einstein
- Funny Folk Tales
All Time Favorites
- Folk Tales
- Tales of Shiva
Other TINKLE Collections:
- Shikari Shambu
- Anu Club
TRIBORO TALES - "An Eclectic-slice-of-life-look at love in the millenia. A NewYork-urban dramedy in a modified Manga artstyle that keeps you engrossed." - First issue free!
Other iRemedi Games:
PICZEE PRO - A Cool and Fun Photo Jigsaw Puzzle
Other products from ACK:
eComics to Audiobooks at http://www.amarchitrakatha.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- June 24, 2011 New version 3.0
- April 19, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99