Removed ads and in-app purchases, app is now fully paid for upfront.
Improved visual style.
Button to share app URL.
New menu items: "Get in touch" and "Rate this app".
By using some 300 photos and 20,000 words NICE’S BEST is a travel guide that helps you make the most of your city break. In it you’ll find detailed and practical information on key SIGHTS, ACTIVITIES and INTERESTS and be pointed in the right direction by several key ITINERARIES. Then there are suggestions of where you might EAT, DRINK and look for ENTERTAINMENT; and since it is fully-independent the recommendations are not ads!
Located in the extreme south east corner of France between the Mediterranean and the Alps, fabulous Nice, occupies a prime position on the graceful iridescent curve of the Baie des Anges, or Bay of Angels. It’s at the heart of the French Riviera, known locally as the Côte d’Azur: a stretch of coast famed as a ritzy seaside playground for the rich and famous.
Nice’s key features are its Italianate charm, thanks to a long association with its neighbour; its Baroque buildings and a near perfect climate. Meanwhile, inland L'Arrière Pays Niçois, literally "Nice Beyond" stretches into a region of craggy mountains and wooded valleys that's largely protected by the Parc National du Mercantour.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
• Language and Etiquette
APP FEATURE: THE CITY, COAST & MOUNTAINS
The lowdown on city-layout and surrounding regions:
• Modern Nice
• Nice Beyond/L'Arrière Pays Niçois
• Old Nice/Vieux Nice
• The French Riviera/Côte d’Azur
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES
With instructions and transport links:
• Nice City Centre in a Day
• The Vésubie: A Scenic Drive in Nice’s Beyond
• Old Nice Walking Tour
• Outer Nice
• Route du Baroque
• The Côte d’Azur: Nice to Italy
• The Roya: A drive into the Nice's Beyond
APP FEATURE: SIGHTS, INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Kids & Families
• Hiking and Climbing
• Parks & Gardens
• Winter Sports
APP FEATURE: EAT, DRINK & SHOP
Recommendations of where to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Cafés & Bars
• Shops & Shopping
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Paul Shawcross has penned city guides for Thomas Cook and revised and contributed text for several Michelin Green Guides. He has also authored pieces for in-flight magazines and coffee table books as well as articles for several leading periodicals including Living France, France Today and France Magazine. While loving France and going back as often as possible, Paul travels widely in Europe and is currently the European editor for travel planning website Bindutrips.com.
- June 17, 2019 Initial release
- August 17, 2019 New version 1.3
- July 15, 2020 New version 1.4
- July 15, 2020 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99