Updates to the guide content, link fixes
AUSTIN’S BEST is the ideal travel guide to one of the US’s most liveable cities. Written by a pro author it explores key NEIGHBOURHOODS; details INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES; suggests ITINERARIES, and has many tips of where to EAT, DRINK and hear LIVE MUSIC. All content (120+ points of interest and 150+ pics) is original & independent; no recommendations are ads!
AUSTIN’S BEST starts with essential TRIP PLANNING information with accommodation suggestions and a guide to all those FESTIVAlS & EVENTS that help make it the self-proclaimed “Live Music Capital of the World”.
A handcrafted ITINERARIES section then offers first-timers a good way to start exploring, as well as providing a few ideas for a day trip through TEXAS HILL COUNTRY, should you feel like heading out of the city.
Or – if you’re keen on exploring local ART, finding out about city HISTORY, doing activities OUTDOORS, or just want to find all the best attractions for KIDS & FAMILIES – you might just dive straight into these themed topics in the SIGHTS & ACTIVITIES section.
Finally the app details many good places to EAT, DRINK, SHOP and see LIVE MUSIC to ensure that perfect urban getaway.
APP FEATURE: TRIP PLANNING
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: NEIGHBORHOODS
The lowdown on city neighborhoods:
• Central Austin
• East Austin
• Hyde Park & Burnet Road
• Outside the Centre
• South Austin
• University of Texas & Around
• Zilker Park
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & WALKS
• Texas Hill Country In-A-Day
APP FEATURE: SIGHTS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Kids & Families
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Recommendations of where to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Bars & Clubs
• Live Music
• Shops & Shopping
• Theatres, Cinemas & Venues
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVORITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Amy K. Brown is a writer, photographer, and educator who loves living in Texas. She is the author of Austin, San Antonio & The Hill Country and Backroads & Byways of Texas, published by The Countryman Press and available through Amazon.
• ICON: Photo: Nan Palmero; Artwork by Bradford Maxfield (estudiobradlio.com)
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
- February 09, 2019 Initial release
- October 27, 2020 New version 1.1
- October 27, 2020 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99