Minor update to the app text content and link fixes.
PROVENCE'S BEST is the ideal travel guide to France’s sun-drenched traveler’s paradise. Written by a pro author it details key DESTINATIONS; outlines several ITINERARIES; and suggests great places to EAT and DRINK. All content (200+ points-of-interest and 400+ pics) is original & independent; no recommendations are ads!
PROVENCE'S BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key DESTINATIONS so you can decide where to stay.
Hand-crafted ITINERARIES then offer first-timers a selection of suggestions on how to spend their time; ranging from simple day-trips to extensive multi-day tours of the region.
Or just dive right into the SEE & DO section, which provides backgrounders on ART, CULTURE & HISTORY; makes suggestions for traveling KIDS & FAMILIES; and includes a run-down of the region’s best BEACHES.
Finally the app details many good places to EAT & DRINK to ensure the perfect trip.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Costs & Money
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: DESTINATIONS
The lowdown on all key towns and regions:
• Near Provence
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
For every trip-length:
• 24 Hours in Nîmes
• A Boat Trip to the Calanques
• A Perfect Day in St-Rémy
• A Perfect Day in the Luberon
• Côte d'Azur - From Nice to Italy
• Côtes du Rhône Wine Route
• In the Footsteps of Van Gogh
• Old Nice Walking Tour
• Nice City Centre in a Day
APP FEATURE: SEE & DO: SIGHTS/ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Art & Culture
• Kids & Families
• Parks, Gardens & Open Spaces
• Beaches of Provence
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS: EAT/DRINK/SHOP
Recommendations of where to eat & drink:
• Cafés & Bars
• Shops & Shopping
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
PAUL SHAWCROSS has penned city guides for Thomas Cook and revised and contributed text for several Michelin Green Guides. He's also authored pieces for in-flight magazines and coffee-table books, along with articles for several leading periodicals including *Living France*, *France Today* and *France Magazine*. While loving France and going back as often as possible, Paul travels widely in Europe and is currently the European editor for travel planning website bindutrips.com.
ICON: courtesy of Luis [email protected]
- January 23, 2020 Initial release
- January 23, 2020 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- February 08, 2020 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- July 15, 2020 New version 1.3
- July 15, 2020 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- October 28, 2020 New version 1.4