Fix broken links, typos.
Fix a navigation issue in iOS 14.
Improve layout on Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max.
BARCELONA, the new app in the Art & Culture series, is something different in tourism: a cultural travel guide that offers comprehensive, expert coverage of all the sights and attractions, all the things to do and see, complete practical information and detailed maps.
BARCELONA is the indispensable guide to Europe’s most exciting city, for exploring the depth and richness of its history and its vibrant life of today. We don’t do hotels and restaurants and shopping; instead, we offer a cultural companion that can enrich your visit like no other guide, on paper or pixels.
BARCELONA is where Europe goes to play. She’s a city that sparkles and fizzes, making the world watch just to see what she’ll do next. Plunge straight into her buzzing heart with this remarkably in-depth app by two old pros who have been writing about the city for decades:
• Sparkling insights and handy tips on visiting 130 famous and secret sights, from Antoní Gaudí’s Sagrada Família to a bomb shelter from the Civil War
• Up-to-date opening hours, prices, and details of all sites
• Day trips—all you need to know to visit Sitges, Monserrat, the Dalí museum in Figueres, Girona, PortAventura (Spain's biggest theme park) and Tarragona
• Biographies of all the great Modernista artists and architects
• Fun alternatives for exploring Barcelona differently by day and night: with a local on a bespoke tour, on a scooter, or in a three-wheel GoCar
• Unusual sidelights—discover Barcelona's secret fixation with bats and learn how truly nutty the great Gaudí really was
• Walking tours of Barcelona’s most fascinating and up-and-coming neighbourhoods
• Discover Barcelona’s vibrant music scene from opera to Manu Chao’s Rumba de Barcelona, along with the best venues and where to buy tickets
• A menu decoder and a list of useful phrases in Spanish and Catalan
• Up-to-date practical info on how to get around the city, and how to save money with special offers and discount cards
• Great places to take the kids
• A complete list of the important traditional and cultural festivals
• Comprehensive search function lets you quickly find anything in the text
About the Authors
Authors of seven books on Spain and Catalonia, Dana Facaros and Michael Pauls (www.facarospauls.com) have been around the block a few times. After a career as travel writers spanning centuries, they know the Mediterranean like a flea knows a dog. Currently installed just over the Pyrenees in southwest France, Barcelona is where they go for a dirty weekend and some stuffed squids.
- August 03, 2011 Initial release
- August 04, 2011 Price increase: FREE! -> $3.99
- August 25, 2011 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- September 08, 2011 New version 1.1
- September 18, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- January 19, 2012 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- January 28, 2012 New version 1.2
- September 15, 2012 New version 1.3
- October 16, 2013 New version 1.4
- December 08, 2015 New version 2.0.0
- June 23, 2016 New version 2.3
- August 05, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- August 11, 2016 New version 2.4
- August 11, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- August 12, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- November 06, 2016 New version 2.5
- November 17, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- November 18, 2016 New version 2.6
- June 14, 2019 New version 3.2
- June 14, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- June 16, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- October 02, 2019 New version 3.5
- October 02, 2019 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- November 11, 2020 New version 3.6