Updated content including removal of several cafes and restaurants that have closed and their replacement by good alternatives. Also added innovative theme park Puy du Fou. Many broken URL links repaired too.
MADRID’S BEST is the ideal to travel guide to Spain's cosmopolitan capital. It’s attractive, easy-to-use and written by a pro author whose inside knowledge enables hand-picking places that won’t disappoint. All content (150+ points-of-interest; 220+ pics), is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
MADRID’S BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key NEIGHBOURHOODS so you can decide where to stay.
Hand-crafted ITINERARIES then offer first-timers the perfect walking-tour intro to Madrid’s historic core, with its opulent Palacio Real.
Or just dive right in to a section on SIGHTS & ACTIVITIES, organised by INTEREST. For art fans there’s the delight of the Prado, Reina Sofia and Thyssen-Bornemisza as well as a host of smaller galleries.
Other sections help you to plot Madrid's history; find kid-friendly diversions; succumb to city parks & gardens; and explore its football heritage; including Real Madrid’s splendid Santiago Bernabéu stadium.
More than anything else, though, Madrid is a city to be savoured by wandering streets, hanging out in BARS and CAFÉS, sampling tapas, and dancing the night away, as many native madrileños do.
The app will help you live like one by making authentic RESTAURANTS tapas bars easy to find, and by suggesting after-hours activities in clubs, theatres and more. But we haven’t forgotten to recommend SHOPS for souvenirs either!
APP FEATURE: TRIP PLANNING
Key before-you-go information, including:
•Costs & Money
•Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: NEIGHBOURHOODS
The lowdown on city neighbourhoods:
•Chueca & Malasaña
•Lavapiés & around
•Outside the Centre
•Paseo del Arte & Retiro
•Argüelles & Moncloa
•Barrio de Salamanca
•Sol & Huertas
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & WALKS
With instructions and transport links:
•Madrid Day One
•Madrid Day Two
APP FEATURE: SIGHTS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
•Kids & Families
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Recommendations of where to eat, drink, shop and more:
•Bars & Cafés
•Music, Theatre & Cinema
•Shops & Shopping
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Born in Madrid to Spanish/Irish parents, Patrick López has dedicated much of his life to discovering the delights of the Spanish capital, from treading the galleries of its world-renowned art museums to hanging out in its tapas bars and cafés. In his spare time he enjoys cycling in the woods and mountains surrounding Madrid.
•ICON PromoMadrid, author Alfredo Urdaci
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
- June 16, 2019 Initial release
- November 26, 2019 New version 1.3
- November 26, 2019 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- October 08, 2021 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- October 14, 2021 New version 1.4