App DescriptionSmartphone Link allows you to connect a compatible Garmin nüvi and an iOS device. Once linked, the nüvi uses your existing mobile data plan* to share information, including contacts, search results, favorite locations, your driving destination, even your parking spot. With Smartphone Link, your nüvi can also access Garmin Live Services for useful, real-time driving information.
Smartphone Link works with select Bluetooth®-enabled Garmin nüvi models**, including:
To use the app, your nüvi model may require a software update, available at www.garmin.com/myDashboard.
Live Services for Real-Time Information
With Smartphone Link, your nüvi can access Garmin Live Services for up-to-date “live” information, that can be useful while driving. Some services are free when you connect to Smartphone Link. Premium content and enhanced features are available through subscription. All information can be viewed within the app itself, on your iPhone.
Free Live Services include:
• Address sharing - Send locations and online search results from your phone to your nüvi, and navigate there
• Weather - View forecasts and current conditions
• Dynamic Parking - Find parking close to your destination, including the number of spots available and current cost (Only free in North America)
• Last Mile - Remembers your parking spot and shows your destination, so you can find your way on foot and back again
Premium Live Services, available for a one-time purchase within the app, include:
• Garmin Live Traffic** - Avoid delays and find detours with the best-in-class real-time information. Garmin Live Traffic is updated every 2 minutes and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle
• photoLive traffic cameras* - Look up live photos from over 10,000 traffic cameras in the U.S. and Canada, to see traffic and weather conditions
• Advanced Weather* - View detailed forecasts, current conditions and animated radar images, plus receive severe weather alerts. Specific features vary by region.
*Contact your mobile service provider for information about data and roaming rates for your service plan.
**Not available in all areas. Subscription required.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
April 30, 2013 New version 1.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release