- Adds support for latest chartplotter firmware
- General updates and bug fixes
For more information on chartplotter firmware updates, visit http://www8.garmin.com/support/software/marine.html
Garmin Helm™ allows you to use an iPhone® or iPad® to view and control a Garmin GPSMAP® 5x7, 7x1, 8x0, and 10x0 which have built-in Wi-Fi. When paired with a GPSMAP 8000 series chartplotter the Garmin Marine Wi-Fi Adapter is required (sold separately).
• View and control the chartplotter
• Enhances situational awareness for the mariner
• Works seamlessly with SmartMode™ to group chartplotter thumbnails by station
• Easily switch between chartplotters using thumbnail screen preview
• Connect multiple iOS devices simultaneously
Visit www.garmin.com for updated device compatibility information
iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance
- November 18, 2013 Initial release
- February 13, 2014 New version 1.1.0
- April 04, 2014 New version 1.1.2
- July 15, 2014 New version 1.2.0