This supplemental update includes improvements and is recommended for all Cubasis LE users.
For the complete list of improvements, issues and solution please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisleforum.
If you like Cubasis LE, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
*** CUBASIS LE 3 IS NOW AVAILABLE ***
Enjoy a brand-new and fully redesigned Cubasis app, which runs on the iPhone and iPad, and adds many user-requested features and improvements!
*** Please note that a supported hardware device is required to unlock the feature set of Cubasis LE (unless unlocked Cubasis LE runs in demo mode). Please visit http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisle for more details. ***
Cubasis LE is the compact version of Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad, providing the same look and feel of its bigger brother Cubasis. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis LE makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. With MicroSonic, Cubasis LE includes a virtual instrument to be played in real-time using the flexible virtual keyboard. Song ideas can be captured with up to four audio and four MIDI tracks and further edited and polished to perfection with the integrated editors, mixer and selected effects. Thanks to the Cubasis project importer, Cubasis LE projects can be even opened in Cubase — both on Windows and OS X. With touch-intuitive production tools, Cubasis LE opens up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Up to 4 audio and 4 MIDI tracks
• 2 assignable physical inputs and stereo output
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of 16-bit/44.1 kHz
• iOS 32 and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
• MicroSonic with 25 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic and Allen Morgan drum kits
• Mixer with 5 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE reverb effect* with intuitive graphical display
• Virtual keyboard with note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive and spot on handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose
• Track Duplicate
• Export to Cubase
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• Unlock all the features of the full Cubasis version via in-app purchase
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect. Audio Unit extension (in-app purchase) requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or later models. Audio Unit (in-app purchase) and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit MIDI and Files app require iOS 11 or higher.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
- November 04, 2015 Initial release
- February 19, 2016 New version 1.9.8
- June 22, 2016 New version 1.9.9
- November 05, 2016 New version 2.0
- June 13, 2019 New version 2.8
- July 02, 2019 New version 2.8.1
- December 24, 2019 New version 2.8.2
- July 14, 2020 New version 2.8.3