What’s New in Cubasis 3.3
Cubasis is unmatched when it comes to helping you create your music quickly and easily. Enjoy all of the great new professional features we've added, still with all the quick operation, ease of use and unparalleled usability that you rely on. Hook up your external controller to remotely control Cubasis via MIDI Learn, the Mackie Control (MCU) or HUI protocols. Use Audio Unit multi-out support to individually process instrument sounds or route instruments to discrete channels. Use sidechaining to create the pumping effect familiar in modern music… and so much more. Cubasis 3.3 lets you go pro with ease, while being creative and staying fully inspired.
Please support us by rating this app on the App Store if you like it!
・MIDI Learn, Mackie Control (MCU) and HUI protocol support
Easily control Cubasis remotely, via your external controller. Enable MIDI Learn and simply move a knob or fader on your controller to assign it to a selected parameter. What's more, you can load existing presets for your controller or save your own. And if your controller supports the Mackie Control (MCU) or HUI protocols, you're covered right away too. Yes, it's that easy.
・Audio Unit Instrument Multi Out support
Cubasis is designed to let you focus on creating music. Audio Unit Multi Output support lets you quickly assign the single instrument sounds of a drum kit to individual outputs, or allows you to route individual instruments to discrete channels. Of course, when using these features you can expect unparalleled usability. This really sets our award-winning Cubasis app apart from the crowd.
Use a few simple taps to create that classic, warm pumping sound we all love when listening to many genres of music — be it hip hop, pop, heavy techno… you name it. But there is so much more to it. Create punchy kicks, make vocals stand out in the mix or separate frequencies from each other. It’s super simple to set up and yet so powerful.
・Extended MIDI routing
Make use of extended MIDI routing options to create inspiring tracks in a snap. Modulate vocals to make them sound robotic, using the new extended MIDI routing options alongside our Waves Tune RT IAP or a third-party vocoder iOS app, manipulated via an existing MIDI track. Explore even more creative possibilities via advanced MIDI track-to-track routing options.
Music always comes first and we don't want anything to get in your way. We want to keep your creativity and enthusiasm flowing as smoothly as possible. Cubasis 3.3 includes many improvements which deliver the best possible performance with the utmost stability. For the complete list of improvements, issues and solutions, please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
Quickly and easily capture your musical ideas as soon as they arrive and turn them into professional-sounding songs with the multi-award winning Cubasis 3. Enjoy performing, recording, mixing and sharing your music in no time, wherever you are, right there on your iPhone and iPad. Meet one of the fastest, most intuitive and complete audio and MIDI DAWs available on iOS today: Cubasis 3.
Computer Music Editor’s Choice Award 2020・MusicTech Choice Award 2020・NAMM TEC Award Nominee 2021
"Cubasis 3 marks a great leap to the iPhone, and maintains Cubasis’ status as the DAW to beat on the iOS platform." — Computer Music
"Cubasis has always represented the best balance between features and usability in any iOS DAW/sequencer, and in Cubasis 3, Steinberg have raised a high bar even higher." — Sound On Sound
"Cubasis 3 is far and away the most powerful and user-friendly mobile DAW around." — ASK Audio
"Cubasis has been invaluable for me when I just need to create a quick demo before the plane lands." — Rob Swire (Dulum, Knife Party, Deadmau5)
Learn more about Cubasis at www.steinberg.net/cubasis
NEW IN CUBASIS 3
• Universal app support: Run Cubasis on the iPhone and iPad
• Group tracks: Easily combine individual tracks to groups
• Full-screen mixer: Easily extend the size of the mixer and more
• New look, same feel: Enjoy creating more efficiently
• Free Cubasis 2 IAP transfer: Freely transfer previous in-app purchases to Cubasis 3
• 960 PPQN MIDI resolution: Precise audio and MIDI event editing at the highest level
• 8 insert, 8 send effects: Create great-sounding tracks with flexible effects options
• FX rearrangement: Quickly rearrange plug-ins and change their pre/post fader position
• 75 new effects presets: Make tracks sound great with these ready-to-use presets
• Undo with history list: Quickly jump back to earlier versions of your song
• Redesigned instruments and effects: Modern styling with more precise operation
• Audio, MIDI and automation editors revisited: File editing is much more effective
• Revised MediaBay: Your all-new control center for file and project management
• UI scale presets for iPhone and iPad: Quickly change the size and arrangement of Cubasis
• Overdub and looper recording modes: Choose the best mode for your recordings
• MicroSonic instruments refill: Get creative with great-sounding new instruments
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating-point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
• Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
• MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
• MIDI auto quantize
• Track duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Load favorite third-party instruments and effects plug-ins via Audio Unit, Audio Unit MIDI, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3
• Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you!
- December 18, 2019 Initial release
- March 25, 2020 New version 3.0.1
- March 25, 2020 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $33.99
- July 14, 2020 New version 3.1.1
- July 14, 2020 Price increase: $33.99 -> $49.99
- August 24, 2020 New version 3.1.2
- August 24, 2020 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $33.99
- October 22, 2020 New version 3.1.3
- October 22, 2020 Price increase: $33.99 -> $49.99
- November 22, 2020 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $23.99
- December 09, 2020 Price increase: $23.99 -> $49.99
- January 12, 2021 New version 3.2
- January 12, 2021 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $33.99
- May 07, 2021 New version 3.3