Thanks to your valuable feedback, Cubasis 3 has got better!
Please keep up the great work of sharing your ideas and suggestions with us through the Audiobus and Cubasis forums.
This maintenance update resolves over 30 user-reported issues.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
CUBASIS 3.0.1 VERSION HISTORY
Track Inspector, Track List & Arrange Window
CBT-764 Scrolling the inspector vertically now works as expected.
CBT-1246 Addresses a rare problem, where pasted files remain silent, due to an undefined solo mute state.
CBT-1272 Resolves a problem, where loading a Cubasis 2 project leads to empty audio project files.
CBT-1275 Copied audio and MIDI files no longer remain silent after being pasted.
CBT-1289 Resolves a problem, where importing a MIDI file of extensive length can lead to graphical issues.
CBT-1296 Resolves a problem, where the wrong note is being highlighted while changing the note's velocity position using the utility buttons located on the left.
CBT-1315 Pasting and glueing MIDI parts now works as expected.
CBT-1333 Group track routing is now correctly displayed upon first opening.
CBT-1339 Punch in and punch out now work as expected.
CBT-1348 Addresses a problem, where using track freeze could lead to incomplete audio renderings.
CBT-1364 Addresses a problem, where the length of a time-stretched event is altered when re-opening the project.
CBT-646 MIDI editor no longer loses its last zoom level setting when being closed and reopened.
CBT-1337 MIDI editor velocity bars are now correctly aligned to the bottom of the MIDI editor.
Instruments & Effects
CBT-990 Deleting a Micrologue user preset now works as expected.
CBT-1280 Studio EQ frequency automation parameter values are no longer displayed incorrectly in the automation editor.
CBT-1334 Tapping the paste/steps button in the Micrologue ARP in-app purchase, no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
CBT-1350 Resolves a minor problem where the send effect slots are overlaid by the effect rack user interface.
CBT-1358 Resolves a problem, where changing parameters of the Non-Linear Reverb of FX Pack I leads to fully distorted audio playback.
CBT-1366 Resolves a graphical issue, where the Studio EQ parameter curve is not displayed, when being assigned as send effect.
Audio Unit & Inter-App Audio
CBT-1215 Resolves a rare problem, where opening the user interface of an Audio Unit plug-in stops playback from running.
CBT-1254 Deactivating an Inter-App Audio effect now works as expected.
CBT-1303 Resolves a problem, where the last changes made in an Audio Unit plug-in are not remembered, when having its user interface re-opened.
CBT-1342 Changing effect parameters on specific 3rd party AU effect apps, such as Tonebooster Reverb no longer slows down Cubasis.
CBT-1343 Using ROLI NOISEwith Cubasis 3 now works as expected.
CBT-1344 Using GeoShred with Cubasis 3 now works as expected.
CBT-1354 Using Mononoke with Cubasis 3 now works as expected.
CBT-1374 Resolves a problem, where parameter changes made in an Audio Unit instrument are reset, after reloading the project.
CBT-1273 Cubasis 3 is now sending MIDI start/stop messages from the transport buttons as expected.
CBT-1274 Solves a problem, where loading a Cubasis 2 project can render Cubasis 3 unreliable.
CBT-1298 Improves a problem, where the undo history list appears incomplete or empty.
CBT-1300 Solves a serious problem, where instruments can play back out of time when using higher latency settings.
CBT-1367 Opening the iOS control center while Cubasis is running, no longer results in accidentally selecting the help, settings or in-app shop menu.
CBT-1371 Current projects get auto-saved when a recording has stopped.
Future topics (currently being developed, release date TBA)
- MiniSampler edit functionality
- Apple Pencil Support
Quickly and easily capture your musical ideas as soon as they arrive and turn them into professional-sounding songs with the multi-award winning Cubasis 3. Enjoy performing, recording, mixing and sharing your music in no time, wherever you are, right there on your iPhone and iPad. Meet one of the fastest, most intuitive and complete audio and MIDI DAWs available on iOS today: Cubasis 3.
MIPA AWARD 2017・TASTENWELT PRODUCT AWARD 2015・FUTURE MUSIC GEAR OF THE YEAR AWARD 2014・MIA AWARD 2013
"Cubasis is a serious proposition for music production on iPad." — Ask.Audio
"Cubasis is another serious piece of music creation software." — DJ Mag
"Cubasis is the new standard for mobile DAWs." — Smitematter
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too." — MusicTech.net
Learn more about Cubasis at www.steinberg.net/cubasis
NEW IN CUBASIS 3
• A brand-new Cubasis: The next gen mobile music creation app
• Universal app support: Run Cubasis on the iPhone and iPad
• Cubasis for iPhone: Create great music in the palm of your hand
• Group tracks: Easily combine individual tracks to groups
• Full-screen mixer: Easily extend the size of the mixer and more
• New look, same feel: Enjoy creating more efficiently
• Free Cubasis 2 IAP transfer: Freely transfer previous in-app purchases to Cubasis 3
• 960 PPQN MIDI resolution: Precise audio and MIDI event editing at the highest level
• 8 insert, 8 send effects: Create great-sounding tracks with flexible effects options
• FX rearrangement: Quickly rearrange plug-ins and change their pre/post fader position
• 75 new effects presets: Make tracks sound great with these ready-to-use presets
• Undo with history list: Quickly jump back to earlier versions of your song
• Redesigned instruments and effects: Modern styling with more precise operation
• Audio, MIDI and automation editors revisited: File editing is much more effective
• Revised MediaBay: Your all-new control center for file and project management
• UI scale presets for iPhone and iPad: Quickly change the size and arrangement of Cubasis
• Overdub and looper recording modes: Choose the best mode for your recordings
• MicroSonic instruments refill: Get creative with great-sounding new instruments
• Improvements and maintenance: Enjoy the highest performance and rock-solid stability
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating-point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
• Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
• MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
• MIDI auto quantize
• Track duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Load favorite third-party instruments and effects plug-ins via Audio Unit, Audio Unit MIDI, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3
• Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you!
- December 18, 2019 Initial release
- March 25, 2020 New version 3.0.1
- March 25, 2020 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $33.99