• New UI for routes that include a closed road
• Improvements to the push notification service to ensure more consistent delivery to users
• Bug Fixes!
Commute is the simplest app for information about your daily drive. Commute proactively monitors the road conditions along your route and alerts you to travel times and incidents so you know what to expect on your way to and from work.
• Enter some basic information about your commute and we’ll notify you 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with our iOS 8 optimized notifications. It’s that easy!
• With enhanced iOS 8 notifications, you can leverage both Commute and the MapQuest navigation app to make the most of your daily drive:
- Swipe right as usual to open Commute and view current conditions.
- Swipe left to reveal the “Go” button that takes you to the MapQuest navigation app and helps find alternate routes, nearby gas stations, coffee, and more!
• If you’re commuting outside of your scheduled times or want to get a read on your route, you can simply open the Commute app and check current conditions anytime.
• When your commute forecast looks grim or you have extra stops to make, Commute links directly to the MapQuest app for a more robust navigation experience. Find alternate routes, get voice-guided directions, or customize your route to fit your to-do list.
Download the simplest app for your daily commute!
Have feedback for our development team? Contact us at: [email protected]
- September 19, 2014 Initial release
- November 17, 2014 New version 1.0.2