* Fixed a bug where audio wasn't playing on some devices running iOS 9.
***** Anatomy & Function offers hundreds of interactive presentations that review anatomy and basic human body functions.
***** Use the animations, illustrations, and 3D models to review for yourself, or to communicate anatomy and physiological processes with patients or peers. It's a visual and interactive medical encyclopedia to learn and share facts about the anatomy of the human body.
***** Content is organized by common functions and by body systems. There is also a robust search function and the option to create your own list of customized and favorite visuals.
***** Rotate, zoom into, and dissect 3D models. Draw, add labels and text to the images on screen. Save these to the app’s library or share over email.
***** Works on iPad 2, new iPad (3rd generation), iPad with Retina display, (4th generation), and iPad mini.
***** This application is in English.
Health professionals can use this medical reference to quickly review and communicate information about the human body. Curious patients can search for information on how the body works. Users can view how certain health symptoms, diseases, and injuries can impact different parts of the body. If you have already researched your condition on Web MD or used other online resources, Anatomy & Function offers detailed and visual views of expected normal function of the human body.
Anatomy and Function is an iPad app with:
- 500+ interactive 3D model sets, 75+ engaging animations, and 70+ illustrations.
- Content organized into two easy ways to browse: by each of the 12 human body systems and by common function. Plus the option to search by topic and create a library of preferred views.
- Medical dictionary with audio pronunciations and definitions for thousands of anatomical structures.
- The ability to annotate, save, and share images.
Whether speaking with a patient learning to manage a chronic condition, understanding a diagnosis or treatment, or communicating a concept when the caregiver’s and patient’s native languages are different, Anatomy & Function facilitates point of service conversations. This app is also ideal for any healthcare consumer interested in understanding facts about their bodies -- and their health.
About Visible Body
Visible Body® is a content and software development firm that produces award-winning anatomy and physiology learning products. Since 1996, we have partnered with the world's top pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and educational publishing companies. The highly detailed, anatomically accurate, 3D models we create are developed by an extensively trained team with decades of experience in medical illustration and biomedical visualization. All anatomical content is reviewed for accuracy by our panel of experts, including physicians and anatomists.
- December 14, 2013 Initial release
- January 30, 2014 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $0.99
- January 31, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $29.99
- April 23, 2014 New version 1.1.02
- October 17, 2014 New version 1.2.00
- June 13, 2015 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $19.99
- July 11, 2015 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $1.99
- July 15, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $8.99
- July 22, 2015 Price increase: $8.99 -> $19.99
- November 11, 2015 New version 1.3.02