• You can now use the Fire Button to close all tabs without clearing your session data. This is handy when you want to stay logged in!
• Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
At DuckDuckGo, we believe the Internet shouldn't feel so creepy, and getting the privacy you deserve online should be as simple as closing the blinds.
Our app provides the privacy essentials you need to seamlessly take control of your personal information as you search and browse the web, no matter where the Internet takes you:
• Escape Advertising Tracker Networks — Our Privacy Protection will block all the hidden third-party trackers we can find, exposing the major advertising networks tracking you over time, so that you can track who's trying to track you.
• Increase Encryption Protection — We force sites to use an encrypted connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes, like ISPs.
• Search Privately — You share your most personal information with your search engine, like your financial, medical, and political questions. What you search for is your own business, which is why DuckDuckGo search doesn't track you. Ever.
• Decode Privacy Policies — We’ve partnered with Terms of Service Didn't Read to include their scores and labels of website terms of service and privacy policies, where available.
As you search and browse, the DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser shows you a Privacy Grade rating when you visit a website (A-F). This rating lets you see how protected you are at a glance, dig into the details to see who we caught trying to track you, and learn how we enhanced the underlying site's privacy measures. The Privacy Grade is scored automatically based on the prevalence of hidden tracker networks, encryption availability, and website privacy practices.
Our app provides standard browsing functionality including tabs, bookmarks, and autocomplete. In addition to strong Privacy Protection as described above, we also packed in some extra privacy features into the browser itself:
• Fire Button — Clear all your tabs and data with one tap.
• Application Lock — Secure the app with Touch ID or Face ID.
Too many people believe you simply can’t expect privacy on the Internet. We're fighting to change that, and have made it our mission to set a new standard of trust online. Install DuckDuckGo and take back your privacy!
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
Device Privacy Tips: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/device-privacy-tips/
More Privacy Education: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/privacy-newsletter/
This app is open source at https://github.com/duckduckgo/iOS.
- June 29, 2013 Initial release
- July 13, 2013 New version 5.0.1
- May 30, 2014 New version 5.1
- June 28, 2014 New version 5.2
- July 14, 2014 New version 5.3
- November 17, 2014 New version 5.4
- November 05, 2015 New version 6
- November 10, 2015 New version 6.0.1
- November 14, 2015 New version 6.0.2
- July 07, 2016 New version 6.0.4
- July 14, 2016 New version 6.0.5
- August 12, 2016 New version 6.0.6
- June 13, 2019 New version 7.20.0
- June 16, 2019 New version 7.21.0
- June 22, 2019 New version 7.21.1
- June 27, 2019 New version 7.22.0
- August 16, 2019 New version 7.24.2
- August 28, 2019 New version 7.25.0
- September 11, 2019 New version 7.26.0
- September 23, 2019 New version 7.28.0
- October 09, 2019 New version 7.29.0
- October 28, 2019 New version 7.30.0
- November 04, 2019 New version 7.31.1
- November 18, 2019 New version 7.32.1