Regardless of your playing level, ZingMagic's multi award winning Chess is a stimulating and challenging game for beginners and champions alike.
Chess is a two player game with a colourful history which can be traced back to its Indian ancestor, Chaturanga. In 1291 the Archbishop of Canterbury in England threatened clergy who continued playing Chess with a diet of bread and water. The game has flourished over the years and is now one of the most popular board games in the world, requiring thought, skill and strategy to become successful.
The object of Chess is to capture the opponent's King. To capture the King you must place it in check. If the King cannot escape by itself, or with the help of its army, it is in checkmate and the King is captured.
ZingMagic's multi award winning Chess application is renowned for its superb playability for players of all levels from beginner to expert. Whatever level of Chess you play at, you can be sure that ZingMagic's Chess will give you a stimulating and challenging game.
* Play against the computer or another human player on the same device.
* Multiple levels of computer play, ranging from beginner to expert.
* Award winning artificial intelligence engine which is particularly strong at expert level.
* Understands all Chess rules such as en passant captures, castling, under promotion, draw by repetition, perpetual check and 50 move rule etc.
* Full undo and redo of moves.
* Show last move.
* Show legal moves.
* Show threatened pieces.
* Ability to display piece names to help beginners.
* Choice of alternate boards and piece sets.
* Got big fingers?, no problem, Chess has layouts especially designed for you!
* Supports English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
*NOTE on multi-language support:
- Choose Settings | General | International | Language – and choose from any in the presented list.
- The iPhone will ‘reboot’ into the new language. The app icon gets presented with new language name + app runs in that language automatically.
- If you choose a non supported language, the app will run in English.
Chess Professional is developed By ZingMagic Ltd