Fixed bugs during sign up process.
Updated 'Going Out' module to work from the Cloud so your Emergency Contacts will be notified even if you don't have an Internet Connection.
Enjoy the safety and peace of mind with Virtual Halo in your pocket and on your wrist, knowing it’s there watching out for you in the event of an emergency. Our personal safety system is simple to use, intuitive, and there when you need it. Designed for the iPhone and Apple Watch with sports enthusiasts, adventure seekers, travelers, college students, families, independent professionals and the elderly in mind.
INSTANT TEXT NOTIFICATIONS
The Virtual Halo service sends notifications through text message to your emergency contacts, indicating the nature of the message (SOS, Check In, or an activity you’re participating in), your nearest location and a link to your specific location on a map.
PRIVACY IS IN YOUR HANDS
At no time are your contacts able to see where you are without you initiating the notification. As the user, you are in complete control over who gets notifications and when they get them; your contacts cannot actively track you through Virtual Halo. We’ve got your back.
The SOS feature notifies emergency contacts that you are in trouble, with your nearest street address and links to your location on a map. Free to use without subscription.
The Check In mode allows you to let your contacts know you’re OK, with an optional message, your nearest street address and linked location. It’s a great way to let those close to you know that you’re safe, that you landed at an airport, or arrived to your destination without the need to call people individually.
Going Out is a proactive feature where you select your activity and duration and when you’ll be back; if something happens that keeps you from turning the feature off by the time you expected to be back, it will send a notification to your emergency contacts letting them know your last known location, activity you were engaged in, and when you were supposed to be back.
7-DAY FREE FULL FEATURED TRIAL - BASIC SERVICES ARE FREE
The basic app provides the SOS feature for free; the Check In and Going Out features require an active subscription. A 7-day Free Trial is standard upon subscribing. If you wish to cancel your subscription and not be charged, please do so through your iTunes account prior to the end of your 7-day free trial.
ENHANCED SERVICES (SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES)
• Title of service: Virtual Halo PLUS
• Length of subscription: One month auto renewable subscription
• Price of subscription: $1.99 per month (discounted temporarily from $3.99 / mo.)
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase •Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at $1.99/month
• Subscriptions are manageable and auto renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. You can unsubscribe during the active subscription period, and Virtual Halo PLUS will continue to be available until the current period expires.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app communicates frequently with the Virtual Halo service, which will make use of your data connection.
- June 22, 2016 Initial release
- July 23, 2016 New version 1.0.1
- November 06, 2016 New version 1.1