- Fixes purchase problems for Hamlet
"Plays spring to life" - Reuters
"An accessible entry-point for Shakespeare newcomers, but with enough literary analysis and smart navigation to tempt even experts" - TechDigest
"This app is comprehensive, educational and hugely entertaining." - TotalApps
One of The Observer's Top 25 Apps of 2012, and shortlisted for the Futurebook awards as Best Reference App 2012.
The Explore Shakespeare edition of “Othello” brings this great tragedy to life like never before. Cambridge’s definitive version of the text has been beautifully reimagined for iPad, with illuminating visuals, helpful commentary and a compelling audio performance starring Hugh Quarshie, Emma Fielding and Anton Lesser.
- Read the play and choose your own level of customisation and enhancement.
- Listen to a full audio performance of the play.
- See the action with over 100 photographs of professional productions, including stars like Patrick Stewart, Dominic West and Ewan McGregor.
- Understand Shakespeare’s language better with clear glossary definitions throughout.
- Get an overview of the action with plot summaries inside the play.
- Explore the language of each scene and character through interactive word clouds.
- Pick a character and see their sections of the play clearly separated – perfect for learning your lines, or for studying a particular character’s story.
- Understand the relationships between characters with Circles for each scene.
- Use the Themeline to see how the play’s themes ebb and flow through the acts.
- Get involved in the play through hundreds of tried-and-tested activities, for individuals, pairs and groups.
- Search the entire text, with highlighting and filtering.
- Use detailed notes alongside the text to examine the literary inspirations and history of interpretation of the play.
- Delve deeper into the context, key themes and history of the play with a series of accessible articles by authoritative Cambridge sources.
Cambridge University Press (publisher of the definitive texts of Shakespeare’s works) has joined forces with Agant (creator of acclaimed apps like ‘Timeline World War 2’ and ‘Malcolm Tucker: The Missing Phone’) to present the greatest works of literature in the English language on the iPad.
BUY NOW and explore Shakespeare today.
A Midsummer Night's Dream (http://j.mp/MidsummerApp)
Romeo and Juliet (http://j.mp/RomeoApp)
Twelfth Night (http://j.mp/TwelfthApp)
- June 05, 2014 Initial release