The Watch Link functionality adds navigation to your wrist! Wirelessly pair a compatible Garmin navigator to any Garmin Connect IQ™ compatible smartwatch, then receive driver alerts on your watch. Also receive compass guidance to and from your parked car to your final destination. Learn more at garmin.com/drive.
The LiveTrack feature lets drivers share location data so friends can track your whereabouts using their mobile device. Visit garmin.com/drive for compatibility and details.
Numerous miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
Smartphone Link works with select Bluetooth®-enabled 2012 through 2017 Garmin devices, including:
• DriveSmart, DriveAssist, DriveLuxe
• nüvi 2417, 2467, 2497, 2498, 2517, 2559, 2567, 2577, 2589, 2597, 2598, 2599, 2689, 2699, 2789, 2797, 2798 with Backup Camera, 3597, 3598
• RV 660, 760
• zūmo 590, 595
• dēzl 570, 770
Some of these models require a software update, available at www.garmin.com/myDashboard.
Smartphone Link allows you to connect a compatible Garmin nüvi® and your iPhone®. Once linked, the nüvi uses your existing mobile data plan* to share information with your iPhone, including contacts, search results, favorite locations, your driving destination, and even your parking spot. With Smartphone Link, your nüvi can also access Garmin Live Services** for useful, real-time driving information.
Live Services for Real-Time Information
With Smartphone Link, your nüvi can access Garmin Live Services for up-to-date “live” information that can be useful while driving. Some services are free when you connect to Smartphone Link. Premium content and enhanced features are available through a one-time purchase. All information can be viewed within the app itself, on your iPhone.
Free Live Services include:
• Address sharing - Send locations and online search results from your phone to your nüvi, and navigate there
• Garmin Live Traffic
Avoid delays and find detours with the best-in-class real-time information. Garmin Live Traffic is updated every minute and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle
• Weather - View forecasts and current conditions
• Dynamic Off-Street Parking - Find parking close to your destination, including the number of spots available and current cost
• Last Mile - Remembers your parking spot and shows your destination, so you can find your way on foot and back again
Premium Live Services, available for a one-time*** purchase within the app, include:
• photoLive traffic cameras**
Look up live photos from over 10,000 traffic cameras in the U.S. and Canada, to see traffic and weather conditions
• Advanced Weather**
View detailed forecasts, current conditions and animated radar images, plus receive severe weather alerts
* Contact your mobile service provider for more information about your service plan’s data and roaming rates.
** Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Subscriptions required.
*** See https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=111441 for terms, conditions and limitations.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- March 18, 2013 Initial release
- April 24, 2013 New version 1.1
- July 18, 2013 New version 1.5
- September 07, 2013 New version 1.5.1
- October 29, 2013 New version 1.6
- April 05, 2014 New version 1.7
- August 27, 2014 New version 1.8
- September 13, 2014 New version 1.8.1
- April 23, 2015 New version 1.8.2
- September 28, 2015 New version 1.8.3
- January 13, 2016 New version 2.0
- January 24, 2016 New version 2.0.1
- March 24, 2016 New version 2.1.0
- June 22, 2016 New version 2.1.2
- July 08, 2016 New version 2.1.3
- November 06, 2016 New version 2.2
- January 05, 2017 New version 2.3