What's NewInitial release for the App Store.
App Description"'Romeo and Juliet' and 'Macbeth' spring to life" â€” Reuters
"An accessible entry-point for Shakespeare newcomers, but with enough literary analysis and smart navigation to tempt even experts" â€” TechDigest
"This app is comprehensive, educational and hugely entertaining." â€” TotalApps
One of The Observer's Top 25 Apps of 2012, and shortlisted for the Futurebook awards as Best Reference App 2012.
The Explore Shakespeare edition of â€˜Macbethâ€™ brings this great story to life like never before. Cambridgeâ€™s definitive version of the text has been beautifully reimagined for iPad, with illuminating visuals, helpful commentary and a compelling audio performance directed by and starring Fiona Shaw.
- Read the play and choose your own level of customisation and enhancement.
- Listen to a full audio performance of the play, starring Fiona Shaw as Lady Macbeth.
- See the action with over 100 photographs of professional productions, including stars like Sir Ian McKellen, Dame Judi Dench and Sean Bean.
- Understand Shakespeareâ€™s language better with clear glossary definitions throughout.
- Get an overview of the action with plot summaries inside the play.
- Explore the language of each scene and character through interactive word clouds.
- Pick a character and see their sections of the play clearly separated â€“ perfect for learning your lines, or for studying a particular characterâ€™s story.
- Understand the relationships between the characters with our clear Circles for each scene.
- Use the Themeline to see how the playâ€™s themes ebb and flow through the acts.
- Get involved in the play through hundreds of tried-and-tested activities, for individuals, pairs and groups.
- Search the entire text, with highlighting and filtering.
- Use detailed notes alongside the text to examine the literary inspirations and history of interpretation of the play.
- Delve deeper into the context, key themes and history of the play with a series of accessible articles by authoritative Cambridge sources.
Cambridge University Press (publisher of the definitive texts of Shakespeareâ€™s works) has joined forces with Agant (creator of acclaimed apps like â€˜Timeline World War 2â€™ and â€˜Malcolm Tucker: The Missing Phoneâ€™) to present the greatest works of literature in the English language on the iPad.
BUY NOW and explore Shakespeare today.
Romeo and Juliet: Explore Shakespeare (http://j.mp/RomeoApp)
April 03, 2013 New version 1.1.1
January 31, 2013 Price Decrease: $13.99 -> $6.99
November 15, 2012 Price Decrease: $13.99 -> $8.99
October 10, 2012 Initial Release