Modified "save and quit" function at the initial launch of the game.
VANGUARD STORM is the newest addition to the CRYSTAL DEFENDERS series of "defensive simulation" games.
Players must strategically position units within various formations in order to prevent encroaching monster hordes from breaking through the front lines and stealing the army's crystals.
VANGUARD STORM employs a real-time turn system. Reading the battlefield and determining optimal locations for each allied unit before the turn counter is spent is crucial for victory.
As with CRYSTAL DEFENDERS, VANGUARD STORM also features jobs from the popular FINAL FANTASY Tactics A2.
Each job possesses a variety of different traits. Whether engaging in a concentrated attack or a gradual, widespread assault, players must constantly adjust battle formations in order to best take advantage of their units' abilities.
In addition to jobs geared towards offensive maneuvers, there are also jobs which support or enhance other units. White Mages can restore an injured ally's HP, while Bishops can increase a nearby unit's attack power.
Finally, the monsters of VANGUARD STORM come in all different shapes and sizes. Some tread upon the ground, while others attack from the skies. Some even have resistances to certain types of attacks. One important strategy is to recognize these traits and then adjust battle formations accordingly; pitting melee-oriented jobs such as Soldiers against monsters who resist magick, or Archers against aerial enemies.
- August 05, 2011 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- August 13, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- December 20, 2011 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- January 06, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- December 21, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- January 05, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- December 20, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- January 07, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- December 21, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- January 06, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99