- Fixed a bug where it is sometimes not possible to return to the "Dragon" and "Submarine" vehicles after alighting from it at a specific place and moving.
Details of the upcoming main updates to the game are listed below.
■ Adjustments to battle abilities
Changes and fixes to the current behaviour of several actions relating to battles.
There are also some sections where specifications will deliberately be changed from the original version of the game and the subsequent remakes.
- When summoning “Golem”, it will not only prevent physical damage, but also additional effects such as abnormal conditions.
- The ability “Cover” will be activated even when on the verge of death .
- Currently, the ability “Hide” automatically ends and the character using it is immediately able to act when all characters other than the one hiding are wiped out in a battle that cannot be escaped from, but this will be updated so the character now continues to hide.
- If an accessory that automatically generates an auxiliary effect is equipped and the effect expires due to "KO", "Petrify" or “Zombie” statuses, the auxiliary effect will return after the character’s state is restored.
- The incorrect behaviour of certain monsters using non-standard counters when hit by special kinds of attacks, such as multi-hit attacks, will be fixed.
■ Bug fixes
The following bugs have been identified and will be fixed after release.
- When the ability “dual wield” is combined with a specific ability or weapon, it may not make a correct attack.
- If you use the space-time magic “Quick” with the ability “Dualcast,” the order of actions may be incorrect.
- If you use a “Cottage,” etc. and fully recover your HP while in the “Zombie” state, you will not be able to cure with “Holy Water”. However, once in battle and your HP reaches 0, you will be able to use it again.
- When in the “Zombie” state, the additional effect of an equipped weapon may activate correctly.
- The MP consumption halving effect of “Golden Hairpin” may not activate properly.
- Incorrect motions were played when using the abilities “Time Magic” and “Iainuki”.
- If you use Summon magic as the first spell when casting “Dualcast”, the attack effect will not be played.
- The map screen of the world map and the mini map may not display correctly.
The original FINAL FANTASY V comes to life with completely new graphics and audio as a 2D pixel remaster!
A remodeled 2D take on the fifth game in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series! Enjoy the timeless story told through charming retro graphics. All the magic of the original, with improved ease of play.
The King of Tycoon has sensed a disturbance in the wind. When the crystals that balance the powers of the world are threatened, the king hastens to the rescue...only to go missing. Somewhere a young man and his Chocobo find themselves drawn toward friends that will change their destiny.
Building on the job systems of previous games, FFV includes a diverse selection of jobs to try, and a unique ability system that lets you combine skills.
Develop your characters with free reign, and master your battle tactics in the fifth installment of the FINAL FANTASY series!
・Universally updated 2D pixel graphics, including the iconic FINAL FANTASY character designs created by Kazuko Shibuya, the original artist and current collaborator.
・Beautifully rearranged soundtrack in a faithful FINAL FANTASY style, overseen by original composer Nobuo Uematsu.
・Improved gameplay, including touch controls, modernized UI, auto-battle options, and more!
・Dive into the world of the game with supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery, and music player.
*One-time purchase. The app will not require any additional payments to play through the game after the initial purchase and subsequent download.
*This remaster is based on the original "FINAL FANTASY V" game released in 1992. Features and/or content may differ from previously rereleased versions of the game.
iOS 13.0 or higher
iPhone 7 Plus, iPad (7th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad mini (5th generation) and higher
- November 11, 2021 Initial release
- November 12, 2021 New version 1.0.1
- November 12, 2021 New version 1.0.0