Mario Kart Tour has now introduced 9 Expert Challenges for only the most skilled of drivers to take on. They're fairly varied, some will no doubt prove much harder than others, and their arrival was first spotted by Miketendo64 (via GoNintendo).
You'll have a grand total of 80 days to complete the lot, with each offering its own badge. Here is the full list of challenges:
- Earn a high score of 22,000 or higher in a single race.
- Land 1,500 hits with Bananas
- Get a Fantastic combo a total of 3,500 times
- Earn a score of 15,000 or higher on an SNES course
- Cause opponents to crash 2,800 times
- Land 180 hits with Bob-ombs
- Get 1st place in a race 600 times
- Land 600 hits with Green Shells
- Get a combo count of x100 or higher a total of 5 times
While Mario Kart Tour has undoubtedly improved a fair bit since launch, with regular updates and content drops honing the experience and fleshing everything out, a new contender recently arrived on the scene in the form of KartRider Rush+.
Yes, it has its own issues – an overabundance of free-to-play bloat, for starters – but the karting action is, in my view, superior to Nintendo's offering. It feels like the karting game that MK Tour perhaps should have been, delivering gameplay more akin to the mainline Mario Kart series and a greater wealth of enjoyable content from the get-go, including multiplayer and an extensive story campaign.