We have fixed a bug where some users were getting stuck after purchasing a subscription or starting a free trial.
codeSpark Academy is the #1 learn-to-code app for kids ages 5-10. We have hundreds of activities and games designed to teach kids the fundamentals of computer science and introduce them to the world of STEM.
“codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — ‘the ABCs of coding’— with no reading necessary.” - NPR
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles." - Parents' Choice Awards
The LEGO Foundation - Pioneer RE-Imagining Learning & Re-Defining Play
Children’s Technology Review - Editor’s Choice Award
Parent’s Choice Award - Gold Medal
American Association of School Librarians - Best App for Teaching & Learning
Apple – Editor’s Choice, Top Educational App & more
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
WHAT’S INSIDE THE APP:
Learn the basics of computer science by solving fun puzzles while building problem-solving and logical-thinking skills.
Master sequencing, loops, advanced sequencing, events, and conditionals.
Apply and expand your coding knowledge with fun coding and logical thinking challenges and games.
Teaches concepts such as boolean logic, automation, variables and inequalities, and stacks and queues.
Use code to create interactive stories with speech bubbles, drawings, and music.
Apply concepts learned in the app to code your very own arcade-style games.
Use our Remixing feature to see how other games were coded and even put your own spin on them.
Combine storytelling and game design to create unique games and stories in a fantasy setting for other kid coders to play.
Use advanced coding concepts to make trees move, build fortresses, and more.
Every story is moderated by our team before being published in the app to ensure the safety and privacy of all kid coders.
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own games and interactive stories.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Subscription app with new content every month.
* Word-free. Perfect for beginner coders and pre-readers! Anyone, anywhere can start coding!
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions.
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* Cancel at any time.
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play and is perfect for beginner coders and pre-readers. Kids will master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
- November 03, 2014 Initial release
- November 05, 2014 New version 1.0.98
- November 28, 2014 New version 1.01.03
- December 12, 2014 New version 1.01.04
- May 29, 2015 New version 1.01.75
- July 14, 2015 New version 1.8.1
- December 02, 2015 New version 1.9.28
- January 26, 2016 New version 1.10.04
- February 04, 2016 New version 1.11.01
- March 08, 2016 New version 1.12.01
- June 15, 2016 New version 1.14.01
- August 11, 2016 New version 1.15.01
- November 06, 2016 New version 2.02.01
- November 23, 2016 New version 2.03.01
- December 13, 2016 New version 2.04.00
- December 04, 2018 New version 2.24.00
- June 13, 2019 New version 2.31.00
- August 16, 2019 New version 2.32.00
- October 05, 2019 New version 2.34.01
- October 15, 2019 New version 2.34.02
- November 04, 2019 New version 2.34.04
- November 26, 2019 New version 2.35.00
- December 17, 2019 New version 2.35.01
- January 28, 2020 New version 2.36.00
- July 14, 2020 New version 2.41.00
- January 13, 2022 New version 3.04.01
- September 16, 2023 New version 4.05.01