Kid coders can release their inner inventors, coding their very own chain reaction machines - making problem-solving fun!
Professor Loonybubbles has brought her kookiest Codetraptions to Fooville, and a new command: TURN!
Over 30 new items:
...and more! So spin it, flip it, and turn it - it’s Codetraptions!
Also included: bug fixes and optimizations for better gameplay.
Need help? Contact [email protected] Love the update? Leave a review!
codeSpark Academy is the most used home coding program for kids 5-9! Our award-winning app has introduced over 30 million kids in 190 countries to the ABCs of computer science and our lovable coding characters, the Foos.
codeSpark Academy uses a patent pending "no words" interface to teach the basics of computer programming and essential coding skills through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in the Game Maker.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Subscription app with new content every month.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles. Cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment." - Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Assoc of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our Game Maker allows kids to put programming concepts to work by designing and coding video games. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Subscription is $9.99/month.
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged $9.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
- November 03, 2014 Initial release
- November 05, 2014 New version 1.0.98
- November 28, 2014 New version 1.01.03
- December 12, 2014 New version 1.01.04
- May 29, 2015 New version 1.01.75
- July 14, 2015 New version 1.8.1
- December 02, 2015 New version 1.9.28
- January 26, 2016 New version 1.10.04
- February 04, 2016 New version 1.11.01
- March 08, 2016 New version 1.12.01
- June 15, 2016 New version 1.14.01
- August 11, 2016 New version 1.15.01
- November 06, 2016 New version 2.02.01
- November 23, 2016 New version 2.03.01
- December 13, 2016 New version 2.04.00
- December 04, 2018 New version 2.24.00
- June 13, 2019 New version 2.31.00
- August 16, 2019 New version 2.32.00
- October 05, 2019 New version 2.34.01
- October 15, 2019 New version 2.34.02
- November 04, 2019 New version 2.34.04
- November 26, 2019 New version 2.35.00
- December 17, 2019 New version 2.35.01
- January 28, 2020 New version 2.36.00
- July 14, 2020 New version 2.41.00