THE BIG IPHONE 11 UPDATE
This update takes full advantage of iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro.
IPHONE 11 PRO: A TACTILE LENS SWITCHER
We've come up with a fast, intuitive way to switch between the Wide, Ultra Wide, and Telephoto cameras on the iPhone Pro. Of course you can just tap on the lens button in the lower right to cycle through your options, as you've done before. Now you can also Haptic-Touch the button to bring up your choices.
What makes our switcher really unique is that once you're familiar with the menu, you can press-and-flick from the lens button to quickly change lenses. We think this is a fast, natural way to switch lenses, and you'll dig how it feels.
Try swiping up from the switcher to go directly to the 2x lens, or swipe left to get that ultra-wide view on iPhone 11 Pro.
IPHONE 11 PRO: LENS GUIDES
With three cameras, you have even more composition options than ever. With this freedom comes more choices, and our lens guides are here to help you out.
When you tap and hold to open our lens switcher, we show guides in the viewfinder to help you visualize what would get cropped at each focal length.
WIDE ANGLE DEPTH
On both iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, you can now capture depth with the wide angle lens! Just tap the depth button, and then tap the lens button as before.
SMART RAW GOES TO 11
This update features our first version of Smart RAW for iPhone 11 and 11 Pro. Expect us to tweak this in the future to get even better RAW files from these amazing cameras.
You may notice that the ultra wide camera does not support manual focus or RAW capture. This is not a bug. The ultra wide camera has fixed focus. At this time, iOS does not support RAW on that camera. If that changes in the future, we'll absolutely update Halide to support it.
AND MUCH MORE (ALSO FOR NON-IPHONE 11!)
Don’t fret, non-upgraders: we have you covered too. This update brings minor fixes and enhancements for all phones including a whopping speed increase for viewing RAW files in the reviewer.
If you have any feedback about Halide or run into bugs, we're always listening and ready to help. The best way to contact us is [email protected] — comments, questions and praise are always welcome.
Don't forget to tag your photos #ShotWithHalide to be featured on our Instagram!
—Ben & Sebastiaan
Halide is an award-winning camera app listed in Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and picked by The Sweet Setup as "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone." Daring Fireball says, “This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
Halide is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful UI designed from scratch for the latest iPhones, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, histograms, adaptive level grid, manual depth capture, and RAW support on supported phones.* Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- An intuitive and fast lens switcher designed especially for iPhone 11 Pro
- On iPhone X and later, a custom-designed UI that is completely usable with one hand
- Manual Depth Capture: Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR
- Focus peaking and powerful manual focus*
- Full manual controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Live histograms for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
The Ultra Wide camera on iPhone 11 and 11 Pro does not support RAW or manual focus.
Histograms require iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, SE, 11, 11 Pro)
RAW requires iPhone 6S or later. (6S, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, SE, 11, 11 Pro)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR, 11, 11 Pro.
- May 31, 2017 Initial release
- May 31, 2017 New version 1.0.1
- June 02, 2017 New version 1.0.2
- June 21, 2017 New version 1.0.3
- July 07, 2017 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- August 22, 2017 New version 1.1.0
- August 22, 2017 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- November 03, 2017 New version 1.5.0
- November 06, 2017 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- November 08, 2017 New version 1.5.1
- December 01, 2017 New version 1.5.2
- December 16, 2017 New version 1.6.0
- December 18, 2017 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- December 18, 2017 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- December 19, 2017 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- December 27, 2017 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 07, 2018 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- March 07, 2018 New version 1.7.1
- March 08, 2018 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 12, 2018 New version 1.7.2
- March 29, 2018 New version 1.7.3
- May 01, 2018 New version 1.8.1
- May 01, 2018 Price increase: $4.99 -> $5.99
- September 19, 2018 New version 1.9.0
- October 02, 2018 New version 1.9.1
- October 08, 2018 New version 1.10.0
- October 09, 2018 New version 1.10.1
- October 17, 2018 New version 1.10.2
- October 30, 2018 New version 1.11.0
- November 09, 2018 New version 1.11.1
- November 24, 2018 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $3.99
- November 26, 2018 Price increase: $3.99 -> $5.99
- December 19, 2018 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $3.99
- December 26, 2018 Price increase: $3.99 -> $5.99
- February 13, 2019 New version 1.12.0
- February 14, 2019 New version 1.12.1
- April 18, 2019 New version 1.12.2
- September 18, 2019 New version 1.13.0
- September 21, 2019 New version 1.13.1
- September 30, 2019 New version 1.14.0
- October 02, 2019 New version 1.14.1