• Minor bug fixes
Explore KXAS-TV, NBC 5's rich archive of video covering one of Dallas's most historic days: November 22, 1963, the day of President John F. Kennedy's assassination.
The JFK 50 app commemorates the 50th anniversary of the President's death by highlighting historical video that originally aired in November 1963 on the local station then known as WBAP-TV. The station broke into regular programming when the President was shot, and stayed on the air for three days of continuous coverage. This app brings you much of that coverage, including interviews with witnesses, police and Gov. John Connally, and video of Jack Ruby shooting Lee Harvey Oswald on live television.
The app also includes interactive map and timeline features that allow you to view information and videos related to a specific location on the JFK Motorcade Route or specific time on November 22, 1963.
More App Features:
• The Kennedy Legacy – JFK's impact on American culture
• Latest News – 50th Anniversary coverage from KXAS-TV, NBC 5
• People & Places – Biographical information about key individuals and locations involved in the assassination
• JFK In His Own Words – Speeches given by Kennedy during his presidency
• Photos – Photo galleries from 1963 and present
- June 06, 2014 Initial release