Tameno is your easy-to-use, self-repeating tapping timer that taps you each time your desired interval elapses.
## TOTALLY NOT WEIRD USE-CASES
> You want to brush each side of your upper and lower quadrants of your teeth for the same amount of time, but your brush only gives you a vibration every 30 seconds, and you don't feel like counting to 10 for each side, like I've been doing for way too long?
> > Use Tameno to tap you every ten seconds so you know when to move on. Brushing your teeth will be fun again*!
> You want to water each plant in your hedges fairly for the same amount of time but don't want to stand there counting along, like I do, and then get asked something insignificant by your ironically significant other, like I do, and forget how long it's been, like I do, and curse your very existence, like I do?
> > Use Tameno to tap you at your desired interval, and it's a problem of the past. Your plants will thank you. And your significant other will no longer wonder what you're counting with your fingers as you're watering the plants. Like I do.
# Anything repetitive might benefit from Tameno!
## YOUR EASY-TO-USE, SELF-REPEATING TAPPING TIMER
- Set an interval from 2 to 60 seconds and Tameno will make your device vibrate, play a sound and/or flash your screen each time the interval elapses.
## HAPTIC, AUDIO AND VISUAL FEEDBACK
- Tameno can make your device vibrate when your desired interval elapses (available on Apple Watch and iPhone)
- It can also notify you by playing a sound (available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV)
- Lastly, it can flash your screen in the color of your choosing, for those moments when you just need a visual indicator that time, indeed, is fleeting (available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV)
## SIRI SHORTCUTS
- With Siri Shortcuts, you can tell Siri, "I'm brushing my teeth" and it will start Tameno with your repeating, 10 second interval
- Or tell Siri, "I'm watering my plants", and Tameno will start with the interval you've set up for that phrase
- Of course, you can also use Siri to stop any running interval at any time. Just, while brushing your teeth, make sure to enunciate. She won't get it otherwise. I tried. And then stopped it manually.
- Tameno comes with three widgets:
1) Favorite Interval: set up this widget with the interval you use the most, or just a number you randomly fancy the most, and when you tap that widget, it'll always start Tameno with that, your very personal, most favorite interval in the world.
2) Recent Intervals: The intervals you recently used, ready to go.
3) Any Interval: Available on iOS 17, iPadOS 17 and macOS 14 Sonoma, with this widget, you can set an interval right there on your Home screen, and get Tameno started.
*I can't guarantee brushing your teeth will be fun. Ever. But why not try?
Should you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at [email protected], or on twitter: @eternalstorms.
If you're interested, I write about my apps, their devlopment, and sometimes my life on my blog at https://blog.eternalstorms.at
- September 19, 2023 Initial release