Bug fixes and performance improvements.
MilGPS is an MGRS/USNG focused premium navigation tool trusted by soldiers, search and rescue personnel and other professional navigators around the world. View your current location and navigate to a waypoint in seconds. Or plan and organize your navigation using the powerful and intuitive mapping and overlay capabilities.
Display your current location in real time
- Cell phone signal not required but will make location fixes faster (maps require a data connection)
- Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) & United States National Grid (USNG) (4, 6 8 10 figure grid references supported)
- Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM)
- Latitude/Longitude (degrees, degrees and minutes, degrees minutes seconds supported)
- Ordnance Survey National Grid (grid and easting/northing in metres)
- Military date time groups for local/zulu time
- All info is displayed in large, clear text for easy viewing at all times
- Location and navigate screens are fully customisable - choose what info you want to see
- Wide variety of datums supported including WGS84, NAD27, OSGB36, AGD66, ED50
- Define up to 3 combinations of datum and location format for location display and waypoint entry
Create and navigate to waypoints
- Unlimited waypoints (upper limit dependent on device storage and memory)
- Enter waypoints from current location, map or using any of the above supported location formats.
- Live update of distance/bearing as you enter coordinates (sanity check your grids)
- Waypoints are fully editable, and can be sorted by distance or name
- "Quick goto" feature for quickly entering grids and navigating to them - accepts shortened MGRS grids.
- Receive an arrival indication as you approach your waypoint
- Import and export waypoints via the standard GPX file format (routes and tracks not currently supported)
- View current location and waypoints on map, complete with custom smooth scrolling grid overlay (MGRS/USNG/OSNG/UTM)
- Choice of Apple or Google maps.
- Use the crosshairs to position new waypoints and measure distances/bearings
- Choose from standard/satellite/hybrid/blank map type
- Grid overlay with labels for grid zones, 100km, 10km, 1km, 100m squares
- Map can be set to follow your current location and/or heading.
- Simple, intuitive interface that can be operated easily with one hand.
- Convert between location formats easily using the add waypoint screen
- Supports degrees/mils for angle, with choice of true, magnetic or grid north reference.
- Supports feet/metres for altitude
- Supports imperial/metric/nautical units for distance
Why choose MilGPS over other apps?
- MilGPS is under active development and testing (since 2010)
- MilGPS is painstakingly crafted by an independent developer
- MilGPS emphasises accuracy, simplicity, ease of use and stability
Things that aren't in the app (yet):
- track recording
- offline maps
- ability to create routes of multiple waypoints
- mapping sources other than Apple and Google maps
NOTE: Mapping function requires a data connection. Using GPS will shorten battery life.
YOUR USE OF MILGPS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK
MilGPS is an aid to navigation only and is intended to be used in conjunction with other navigation methods and tools.
MilGPS must not be used where relying on MilGPS could result in death, injury or financial loss. This includes use on military operations, live-firing activities, aviation and surveying use.
MilGPS is not tested to military specifications and is not endorsed by the military of any nation. MilGPS is not a substitute for military issue equipment.
Your use of MilGPS is governed by the standard App Store Licensed Application End User License Agreement.
- August 12, 2011 New version 1.1
- September 18, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 15, 2011 New version 2.0
- January 04, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- January 07, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- February 15, 2013 New version 2.1
- March 10, 2013 New version 2.2
- April 30, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- June 08, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- June 18, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- July 12, 2013 New version 3.0.2
- September 08, 2013 New version 3.1.0
- October 11, 2013 New version 4.0.0
- October 15, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $5.99
- December 18, 2013 New version 4.1.0
- January 03, 2014 New version 4.1.1
- January 31, 2014 New version 4.1.2
- February 13, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $2.99
- February 15, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- February 17, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- February 23, 2014 Price increase: $5.99 -> $6.99
- March 13, 2014 New version 5.0.0
- March 21, 2014 New version 5.0.1
- March 29, 2014 Price increase: $6.99 -> $7.99
- May 26, 2014 New version 5.1.0
- May 30, 2014 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $0.99
- May 31, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $7.99
- June 03, 2014 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $0.99
- June 05, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $7.99
- July 08, 2014 New version 5.1.1
- July 10, 2014 New version 5.1.2
- July 12, 2014 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $0.99
- July 15, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $7.99
- August 28, 2014 New version 5.1.3
- October 05, 2014 New version 5.2.0
- October 15, 2014 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $0.99
- October 19, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $7.99
- November 05, 2014 New version 5.2.2
- November 25, 2014 New version 5.3.0
- December 04, 2014 Price increase: $7.99 -> $9.99
- January 04, 2015 New version 5.3.1
- September 28, 2015 New version 6.0.2
- July 11, 2016 New version 6.0.4
- August 16, 2016 New version 6.1.0
- November 09, 2016 New version 6.2.0
- April 05, 2019 New version 6.5.3