It’s not enough to be up to date, we are always working toward tomorrow.
New in this release:
- PCS symbols have been added to the Upgrade Store as an in-app purchase
- A pause/resume speech button action has been added
- The "play audio" button action has been renamed to "play recorded speech", "record audio" has been renamed to "record speech", and "stop" has been renamed to "stop speech"
- Added split screen capabilities
- Apple voices are now available in the voice listing
- Now easier to add additional languages
- Updated the Almagu TTS engine
- New French WordPower vocabularies available
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
TC is a full-featured communication solution for individuals who have difficulty using their natural voice. TC is designed for individuals with Autism, Down Syndrome, ALS, apraxia, stroke, or other conditions that affect a person's ability to use natural speech.
TC 2.0 provides both English and Spanish options in one app and provides a universal app supporting iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad®.
TC fits into the category of assistive technology known as Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and includes features that were previously only available in much more expensive dedicated devices. Words, phrases and messages are spoken with a built-in voice synthesizer or by playing recorded message. Various English and Spanish synthesized voices are available, allowing the user to choose a voice that fits their own personality. TC also has a unique feature whereby one can simply tilt the device to make the message expand to fill the screen in large letters. This feature allows a person to communicate silently or in a noisy environment. TC gives an individual the ability to navigate through page sets and speak messages. Page sets are linked pages, each of which is divided into a number of buttons. The buttons are programmed to have specific actions. For example, buttons may be programmed to speak a message, navigate to a different page, change the volume or clear the display. Various page sets are included with the TC: VocabPC, MultiChat-15, and Spelling and available in both English and Spanish options, myQuickChat’s are available in English while Sintaxis and Sin Sintaxis files are available in Spanish. Each page set targets individuals with different communication needs. Additional page sets, including WordPower, Gateway and Pixon are available as in-app purchases.
Text generated with TC pages can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or via iMessage and email. Generate a message, push on the text window and choose a service.
Text from other applications can be copied to TC so that it can be spoken out loud. Also, text generated in TC can be copied to other applications.
The pages, grid layout, buttons, messages, and symbols are fully customizable. Buttons can be easily rearranged by simply dragging them to the desired new location. Buttons can be copied and pasted into a different location. The styling of a button (colors, borders, fonts) can be copied and pasted into another button.
Provided page sets can be modified to create new custom page sets. Select from over 30 button actions when creating new buttons. Over 10,000 Symbolstix symbols are included for customizing buttons. Use any image or take a photo with the built-in camera. Gestures can also be used to navigate to new pages, speak messages, etc.
Button activation timing can be adjusted to meet the needs and capabilities of the user. Adjustments include button dwell time and button release time. Also buttons can be configured to activate on release.
Users can program buttons to play audio files such as music from the media library or video files from the Photo Roll.
Great measures have been taken to protect custom files. Vocabulary files can be imported and exported to a computer using the iTunes file sharing feature. TC also enables users to subscribe to iShare and store custom files for safe keeping, or choose to share customized pages with an online community.
iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- October 20, 2011 New version 1.1.2
- February 07, 2012 New version 1.2.0
- March 01, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- March 28, 2012 New version 1.2.2
- September 19, 2012 New version 1.2.4
- January 04, 2013 New version 1.3.0
- January 30, 2013 New version 1.3.1
- February 15, 2013 New version 1.3.2
- March 04, 2013 New version 1.3.3
- June 28, 2013 New version 1.3.4
- July 12, 2013 New version 1.3.5
- August 21, 2013 New version 1.4.0
- September 19, 2013 New version 1.4.1
- October 06, 2013 New version 1.4.2
- November 15, 2013 New version 1.4.3
- December 02, 2013 New version 1.4.4
- February 28, 2014 New version 1.4.5
- May 05, 2014 New version 1.4.6
- April 16, 2015 New version 2.0.0
- May 11, 2015 New version 2.0.1
- August 20, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- September 20, 2015 New version 2.1.2
- November 01, 2015 New version 2.1.3
- January 09, 2016 New version 2.2.0
- January 17, 2016 New version 2.2.1
- July 07, 2016 New version 2.3.1
- August 07, 2016 New version 2.4.0
- November 08, 2016 New version 2.5.0
- December 09, 2016 New version 2.5.1
- June 14, 2019 New version 2.19.1
- August 16, 2019 New version 2.20.0
- September 24, 2019 New version 2.21.0
- September 30, 2019 New version 2.21.1
- November 26, 2019 New version 2.22.0
- January 21, 2020 New version 2.23.0
- July 15, 2020 New version 2.25.0
- October 23, 2020 New version 2.27.1
- December 10, 2020 New version 2.28.0