This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Optimized for iOS 11
- Various new entries
The Food Guide is your culinary adviser in an app. The program contains basic information for 2,000 foods and culinary specialties – and assists with translation when on vacation abroad. In order to know what’s behind a “Lubina” on a Spanish menu, all you need is to whip out your iPhone.
FOOD ENCYCLOPEDIA AND SHOPPING ASSISTANCE
For every entry, the App provides at least one photo, evaluates culinary quality and indicates the scientific name, if applicable. In the description, the most important and relevant culinary information is summarized all in one place, and is followed by hints to uses in cuisine and its processing and preparation – without the App actually intending to be a cookbook.
TRANSLATION ASSISTANCE ABROAD
Travelers mostly enjoy that all the food names are simultaneously given in five languages – English, French, German, Spanish and Italian. Thus, it is possible to translate menus abroad, to ask about a specific fish on a Spanish market or to look up whether Banon cheese from the cheese menu in a restaurant is made with raw milk or not.
SEARCH BY KEYWORD OR CHAPTER
The Food Guide can be perused by individual ingredients, but is also organized into 21 categories such as “Fish”, “Vegetables and Legumes”, “Herbs and Seasonings”, “Cheese”, “Seafood” and “Sausages and Ham”, to name just a few.
Interesting findings can be transferred into an App-specific favorites list with just the touch of a finger. That way, they can quickly be found again at any time.
It is not necessary to have an Internet or a telephone connection to run the App. You will always have full access to all of the information, regardless of whether you find yourself on the beach on the Bahamas, in a Spanish mountain village or in a delicatessen in Paris.
Food Guide Features:
• Extremely attractive, easy to use interface
• Multilingual dictionary with 2,000 food products and ingredients
• Each entry accompanied by at least one highres picture of the product
• More than 2,500 high quality pictures
• Scientific names included in descriptions
• Offers product knowledge and consumer information
• App has 21 comprehensive chapters
• Shows 1-5 star rating of enjoyment level
• Versatile search functions
• ‘Favorites’ feature lets you bookmark products that you want to return to
- June 24, 2011 New version 2.0
- December 07, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- December 09, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- November 01, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- November 16, 2012 New version 2.1
- December 19, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- December 21, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- June 13, 2019 New version 3.0