• Background Audio: The sound emitted by the application during long audio sessions (such as with the Koch training screen or the Encode screen) will continue when the application is no longer visible (screen locked or with another application opened). This option can be disabled in the Settings/Audio/Background audio screen.
• Farnsworth: The formula to compute the Farnsworth WPM value is now the one recommended by arrl.org. Go to the Settings/Global/Farnsworth screen if you want to use the previous formula.
• Audio files: The delay between the words was slightly too long. Encoding unknown characters could create some problems.
• Quiz: Lower volume for the Quiz success/failure sounds.
Morse-It is an easy to use application that allows to translate, interpret, type, learn, convert Morse code, and much more.
It is retina display enhanced, universal binary (run on iPhone/iPod and iPad), and is compatible with VoiceOver.
Type some text and it will be automatically encoded into some fullscreen flashing effect of the associated Morse code.
The flash light of your device will also be used.
Your "SOS" messages will be seen quite far away !
Some sound will also be played accordingly. In detailed mode, the text being encoded is scrolling through the decoding process.
Tap some morse code onto the screen and the program will translate it into some text.
Different input types are handled : Novice, Straight key, Memory Paddle, Iambic Paddle (A and B), Microphone. Left and right handed modes supported.
Test and improve your skills : are you good enough to be understood?
Create audio files containing Morse code in a dynamic way or from a given text.
Use those files as you wish : listen to them to train your decoding skills or use them as ringtones for your phone.
Exclusive feature allowing to decode, in real time, the Morse code recorded from the microphone into Text (the sound must be quite clear/loud and without much noise).
Some automatic calibration is performed, allowing adaptation to speed, tone and volume changes.
The full Morse alphabet can also be consulted and the associated Morse code can be played.
Tapped and decoded text can be edited and exported to the clipboard, the In-app email and SMS.
A special screen allows textual conversion of morse code and text. Exchange encoded messages with your friends.
Wikipedia and Visual Mnemonic screens allowing to get informations and mnemonics regarding morse code.
You can also add your own web sites for an in-app consultation.
All the application is highly configurable (Frequency, WPM, tone type, color, morse characters, variables ...)
!!! As seen on TV !!! (UK) in Most Haunted Live: Apparently you can use it to communicate with ghosts (no guaranty though)
Premium features can also be unlocked as a single in-app purchase :
Koch trainer screen, CWops Academy learning method, Quiz screen, Prosigns, Macros, Dictionaries : abbreviations, QSOs, mnemonics, Timing (farnsworth) and Morse alphabet/prosigns personalization, look customization ... and more.
Morse-it is powered by Icom, a world leader in the amateur radio market.
- June 25, 2011 New version 4.0
- July 30, 2011 New version 4.1
- June 01, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- June 04, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- November 06, 2012 New version 4.2
- November 09, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- November 12, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- October 24, 2013 New version 5.0
- May 15, 2014 New version 6.0
- May 15, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- May 20, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- June 21, 2014 New version 6.0.1
- September 18, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- September 20, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- October 10, 2014 New version 6.1
- October 23, 2014 New version 6.1.1
- September 20, 2015 New version 6.2
- July 07, 2016 New version 7.0
- June 14, 2019 New version 8.1.1
- August 16, 2019 New version 8.2.1
- January 14, 2020 New version 9.0.1
- January 21, 2020 New version 9.0.2
- July 15, 2020 New version 9.0.3
- October 23, 2020 New version 9.2