1.01 - Bug Fixes
WWF Forests takes you on an immersive tour of temperate forests through an augmented reality experience. Learn about healthy forests and why they matter to people and wildlife, witness some of the threats forests face, and practice how to manage a forest sustainably.
At the end of your journey, plant your own augmented reality forest, bringing the beauty of the forest inside to enjoy and share.
- Guided tours through temperate forests teeming with wildlife that respond to your presence.
- Full immersion or table top modes allow you to experience the forest both above and below the canopy.
- Playful interactive elements that incorporate both iPad’s and iPhone’s unique features.
- Cool and unusual forest facts. (Which came first - a fern or a dinosaur?)
- Photo and video capture to share your forest with friends and family.
About World Wildlife Fund:
For more than 50 years, WWF’s mission has been to create a future in which people live in harmony with nature. Central to that mission is our work to protect and conserve vital and magnificent forests around the world to sustain nature's diversity, benefit our climate, and support human well-being. Humans have a deep and enduring connection to forests. From the air we breathe to the food that sustains us, even city dwellers depend on forest ecosystems far from their urban skylines. Forests ensure the health of freshwater rivers and streams, produce food and medicine, and are home to the vast majority of land-based life on our planet. Forests also absorb carbon emissions, providing the most important nature-based solution to climate change.
- December 09, 2020 Initial release
- January 26, 2021 New version 1.0.1