- Added an ability to browse and analyse your previous games. The analysis is a subscription-only feature, but there's 1 free analysis per day for non-subscribers.
Users who previously got the premium package (the one-time purchase) will get 1 year of unlimited analysis (and, of course, keep all of their previous benefits forever).
- It's now possible to link your guest and registered accounts, so that you can access your guest games while logged in
- Promotion is no longer hardcoded to queen
- Added "Offer a draw" option when playing online
- Added many other smaller improvements and bug fixes
This is a free Chess game with a nice interface where you can play with your friends, with random people online or against the computer.
Playing with your friends over the Internet is very easy - one player hosts a game and receives a unique code, the other one joins it by typing this code.
No registration or login is required.
The game works on various popular devices - TVs, tablets and mobile phones - multiplayer games are possible between different devices.
- More than 50 000 unique puzzles where the goal is to find a checkmate in 1, 2, 3 or 4 moves
- Chat in the multiplayer games
- Game timers
- Chess960 aka Fischer random chess
- Handicap chess
- Spectators: multiple people can join a network game to watch
- Ability to analyse your games (paid feature)
We hope you like it!
- Apple's standard end user license agreement, available here: https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/dev/stdeula/
- Our own terms, available here: https://chesshold.com/terms
- April 25, 2020 Initial release
- July 14, 2020 New version 2.13
- October 22, 2020 New version 2.54
- November 11, 2020 New version 2.64
- December 09, 2020 New version 2.68
- August 05, 2021 New version 2.99
- October 08, 2021 New version 3.10