• Added Commentary Feature from Charles Cecil and the team
• Improved controls
• Improved stability
• Several bugfixes
• Improved performance for lower specification devices
From Charles Cecil, creator of the Broken Sword series, with art direction by Dave Gibbons, legendary comic book artist behind ‘Watchmen’, comes ‘Beyond a Steel Sky’, the long awaited sequel to the cult classic ‘Beneath a Steel Sky’.
You are Robert Foster. A child has been abducted in a brutal attack. You have vowed to bring him home. But the trail has led you from your community of desert wasteland dwellers, to Union City, one of the last remaining mega-cities in a world ravaged by shattering wars, and political meltdown.
Fortified and impenetrable, it is a utopia in which people live happily under the surveillance and control of a benign AI. But all is far from what it seems...
‘Beyond a Steel Sky’ is a dramatic, humorous, cyberpunk thriller in which engaging puzzles drive a fast-paced narrative set in a dynamic gameworld that responds to – and is subverted by – the player’s actions.
• An adventure set within a dynamic world, populated by willful characters driven by motivations that the player can subvert. In combination with a unique hacking tool, multiple solutions to puzzles emerge from player choices.
• Unravel dark conspiracies, defeat a terrifying antagonist in this dramatic, humorous, cyberpunk thriller, which explores contemporary themes: social control, AI, and total surveillance.
• Intelligent puzzles are interwoven with an intriguing dramatic narrative to deliver a compelling gameplay experience.
• A beautifully detailed, comic-book styled world, from the mind of legendary comic artist Dave Gibbons.
- July 15, 2020 Initial release
- October 22, 2020 New version 1.2.27292
- October 22, 2020 Price decrease: FREE! -> FREE!
- November 11, 2020 New version 1.2.27618
- April 08, 2021 New version 1.3.27878
- April 08, 2021 Price decrease: FREE! -> FREE!