3D Globe is here!
Weather map is now displayed in 3D. You can see all weather layers on mesmerizing 3D Globe. This is a huge step for our app. Now you can watch weather maps without a distortion. For example, weather around the North Pole is clearly visible. Enjoy the most advanced weather app so far.
- New layer that shows new snow cover. You can easily see how much snow will fall in the upcoming days.
- Bug fixes
The app combines highly accurate weather forecast for your location with a 3D map showing development of weather in a broader area in a very interesting way. This allows you to see where precipitation is going to come from or where the wind is blowing from. The uniqueness of the app comes from the amount of data displayed. Forecast of weather, precipitation, wind, cloud cover, atmospheric pressure, snow cover and other meteorological data for different altitudes is available for the whole world.
The Ventusky application solves weather displaying in an interesting way. Wind is displayed using streamlines which clearly portray the continuous development of weather. Airflow on Earth is always in motion and the streamlines depict this motion in an amazing way. This makes the interconnection of all atmospheric phenomena obvious.
Weather forecast for the first three days is available in the app in one-hour steps. For other days, it’s available in three-hour steps. Users can also look up sunrise and sunrise times in a given place.
Thanks to the Ventusky application, visitors get data directly from the numerical models that, just a few years ago, were used solely by meteorologists. The app collects data from the most accurate numerical models. Besides the well-known data from the American GFS and HRRR models, it also displays data from the Canadian GEM model and the German COSMO and particular ICON model, which is unique thanks to its high resolution for the whole world. Two models, EURAD and USRAD, are based on current radar and satellite readings. These models are able to show precisely current precipitation in US and Europe.
LIST OF WEATHER LAYERS
• Temperature (15 levels)
• Perceived temperature
• Wind (16 levels)
• Wind gusts (1 hour, long time maximum)
• Precipitation (1 hour, 3 hour, long time accumulation)
• Cloud cover (high, middle, low, total)
• Snow cover (total, new)
• Dew point
• Air pressure
• CAPE, CIN, LI, Helicity (SRH)
• Freezing level
• Wave forecast
Do you have questions or suggestions? Please email us at [email protected]
- September 12, 2017 Initial release
- September 19, 2017 New version 1.0.1
- September 20, 2017 New version 1.0.2
- September 07, 2018 New version 5.0
- June 13, 2019 New version 8.2
- August 16, 2019 New version 8.3
- November 04, 2019 New version 9.0
- November 18, 2019 New version 9.1
- January 28, 2020 New version 10