Major update is here with amazing new features!
1) Weather fronts worldwide! We have created a neural network that predicts the positions of cold, warm, occluded, and stationary fronts based on data from weather models. This algorithm is unique, and we are the first on the world who makes global fronts forecast available to users. Note, that this feature is still in the BETA testing (we plan further improvements in our algorithm).
2) Temperature anomaly! This new layer shows the temperature anomaly from the long-term average for a given time. This average is based on the 40 years period (1980-2020). Temperatures above the average are displayed from orange to red colors, and below average are displayed from blue to purple. You can see how unusual the weather is in your area.
3) GPS pointer. You can turn on GPS pointer in the Settings section. It will show you the current position on the map (GPS) and the weather for this location.
4) Sea surface temperature with a forecast for the next 7 days based on the new RTOFS model
5) Air Quality Index (AQI). This new layer shows the overall air quality. Moreover, we have created the air quality chart that shows the development of AQI in the next 4 days. You can use the AQI to plan your outdoor activities.
6) Ocean currents
The app combines highly accurate weather forecast for your location with a 3D map showing development of weather in a broader area in a very interesting way. This allows you to see where precipitation is going to come from or where the wind is blowing from. The uniqueness of the app comes from the amount of data displayed. Forecast of weather, precipitation, wind, cloud cover, atmospheric pressure, snow cover and other meteorological data for different altitudes is available for the whole world.
The Ventusky application solves weather displaying in an interesting way. Wind is displayed using streamlines which clearly portray the continuous development of weather. Airflow on Earth is always in motion and the streamlines depict this motion in an amazing way. This makes the interconnection of all atmospheric phenomena obvious.
Weather forecast for the first three days is available in the app in one-hour steps. For other days, it’s available in three-hour steps. Users can also look up sunrise and sunrise times in a given place.
Thanks to the Ventusky application, visitors get data directly from the numerical models that, just a few years ago, were used solely by meteorologists. The app collects data from the most accurate numerical models. Besides the well-known data from the American GFS and HRRR models, it also displays data from the Canadian GEM model and the German COSMO and particular ICON model, which is unique thanks to its high resolution for the whole world. Two models, EURAD and USRAD, are based on current radar and satellite readings. These models are able to show precisely current precipitation in US and Europe.
LIST OF WEATHER LAYERS
• Temperature (16 levels)
• Temperature anomaly
• Perceived temperature
• Wind (16 levels)
• Wind gusts (1 hour, long time maximum)
• Precipitation (1 hour, 3 hour, long time accumulation)
• Cloud cover (high, middle, low, total)
• Snow cover (total, new)
• Humidity (4 layers)
• Dew point
• Air pressure
• CAPE, CIN, LI, Helicity (SRH)
• Freezing level
• Wave forecast
• Ocean currents
• Air quality (AQI, NO2, SO2, PM10, PM2.5, O3, dust or CO)
• Probability of aurora
LIST OF WEATHER WIDGETS
• Forecast 4x2
• Forecast 2x2
• Forecast 4x4
• Radar 4x2
• Radar 2x2
Do you have questions or suggestions? Please email us at [email protected]
- September 12, 2017 Initial release
- September 19, 2017 New version 1.0.1
- September 20, 2017 New version 1.0.2
- September 07, 2018 New version 5.0
- June 13, 2019 New version 8.2
- August 16, 2019 New version 8.3
- November 04, 2019 New version 9.0
- November 18, 2019 New version 9.1
- January 28, 2020 New version 10
- July 14, 2020 New version 12.1
- September 14, 2020 New version 12.2
- October 23, 2020 New version 13.0.1
- December 09, 2020 New version 14.0.2
- July 07, 2021 New version 15.3
- July 07, 2021 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 22, 2021 New version 16