Updates for iOS 13.
As seen in 10% Happier, Atlantic Magazine and The New York Times.
Find happiness by contemplating your mortality with the WeCroak app. Each day, we’ll send you five invitations at randomized times to stop and think about death. It’s based on a Bhutanese folk saying that to be a happy person one must contemplate death five times daily.
The WeCroak invitations come at random times and at any moment just like death. When they come, you can open the app for a quote about death from a poet, philosopher, or notable thinker.
You are encouraged to take one moment for contemplation, conscious breathing or meditation when WeCroak notifications arrive. We find that a regular practice of contemplating mortality helps spur needed change, accept what we must, let go of things that don’t matter and honor things that do.
We’ve also added features to make WeCroak work with your modern life.
• WeCroak only sends notification between 7 AM and 10 PM
• Open the app once per week to keep receiving your five daily WeCroak invitations at randomized times
- July 27, 2017 Initial release
- December 12, 2017 New version 0.6
- January 12, 2018 New version 0.80
- March 14, 2018 New version 0.95
- March 21, 2018 New version 0.96
- June 26, 2018 New version 1.03
- September 18, 2018 New version 1.10
- September 19, 2018 New version 1.11
- April 25, 2019 New version 1.19
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.20
- June 22, 2019 New version 1.21
- June 26, 2019 New version 1.22
- August 17, 2019 New version 1.25
- October 06, 2019 New version 1.50