Bug fixes implemented.
The Nintendo Switch Online app enhances your online gameplay experience on your Nintendo Switch™ system. You can use voice chat while playing compatible games—and check game-specific services even when you're not playing with your Nintendo Switch.
◆ Use voice chat during online play
Now even more software supports voice chat!
You can enjoy voice chat in different ways depending on the type of game you're playing. Chat with everyone in your room, or split voice chat into teams and have it out head-to-head! In games that support the Online Lounge feature, you can invite friends to play with you via social media, like Facebook and Twitter. Of course, you can easily invite your Nintendo Switch friends too!
Note: To use these services, you will need Nintendo Switch software that is compatible with this app. You can check the current list of voice-chat-compatible software within the app. (Even more software will be added in the future!)
◆ Access game-specific services
You can use these services to view vital information related to the supported software! You will also have access to a variety of features that will help take your online gameplay experience to the next level.
・ Software with game-specific services:
・ Animal Crossing™: New Horizons
・ Send custom designs made in Animal Crossing
titles for the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems to
Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
・ Use your smartphone to input chat messages
for in-game communication.
・ Check whether your Best Friends are online.
・ Super Smash Bros.™ Ultimate
・ View posted videos and images
・ Queue up user-created stages for download to your game
・ View notifications about upcoming events
・ Splatoon™ 2
・ Check rankings and stage schedules
・ View detailed results from battles or Salmon Run
● Nintendo Account age 13+ required to access online features.
● Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) required to use certain features.
● Nintendo Switch system and compatible Nintendo Switch software required to use voice chat and other features.
● Compatible smartphone required.
● Persistent Internet connection required.
● Data charges may apply.
● May include advertising.
Nintendo Switch Online is not available in all countries. Terms apply. Visit www.nintendo.com/switch-online for more information.
- July 19, 2017 Initial release
- June 15, 2019 New version 1.5.1
- August 17, 2019 New version 1.5.2
- March 21, 2020 New version 1.6.1
- July 15, 2020 New version 1.7.0
- October 28, 2020 New version 1.9.0