• Keyboard improvements
“Unique sounds like syrup with dirt kicked into it. If Bootsy Collins, Roger Troutman and Daft Punk would have met up in Studio 54 to create a soft-synth, for sure something like Unique would have come out of it…” Sound & Recording Mag
Unique was made for fun and vibes: Analogue sound, intense modulation and a killer set of features, delivering an amazing sonic spectrum that’s full of character: Classy sounds, powerful, warm… sometimes gritty.
Each of the 2 oscillators offers a selection of 5 waveforms: sawtooth and pulse waves are here, along with noise, triple saw and triple FM waves. There's also an additional sub-oscillator strapped into the master section for added oomph.
The internal controllers will bring in the dynamics: an LFO and an envelope, there's a recordable XY field & a sequencer. Use these to modulate any knob – a simple long tap will do.
The sound springs to life when it hits the filter section. Needless to say, analogue high-pass, low-pass and band-pass varieties are in place, along with a comb filter.
Standards aside, the actual intention behind this project, the Vowel Filter, also became its outstanding feature: string together two or four vowel formants and play them back in a multitude of ways.
Once you’ve built your sound, there’s tons of sound polish in two chained multi-effect units.
• Sawtooth, Triple Saw, Pulse, Triple FM, Noise with tonal Filter, Sub Sine
• 5 Filters with 5 Modulators each
• Duophone Arpeggiator
• Vowel Filter
• Two Effect Sections
• Ableton Link Kit
• MIDI Learn & Host Automation
• 300 groovy presets by various artists
- May 04, 2017 Initial release
- June 13, 2019 New version 1.5.3
- August 16, 2019 New version 1.5.4
- December 02, 2019 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $7.99
- December 10, 2019 Price increase: $7.99 -> $14.99
- December 24, 2019 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $7.99
- January 07, 2020 Price increase: $7.99 -> $14.99